2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Japanese car giant Honda is creating hundreds more UK jobs by expanding its plant at Swindon in Wiltshire. The company is planning to increase production there from 190,000 to more than 250,000 a year. The extra workers will be needed to cope with the launch of a three-door Civic and a new 4x4 due at the end of this year, it has been revealed.
Honda's move will take the workforce at the factory to almost 5,000.
It is just the latest boost for Britain's car industry in recent times.

·
Registered
382 Posts
New 4x4??

Does this suggest a new 4x4 Civic or a new 4x4 Honda:?:

Forget it .... the Sun article reads like it is a 4x4 Civic, but other do not

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I guess they are talking about the new CRV due out next year?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hope the following comment fits in here?

I followed the link on the Richard Hammond postings to the discussion on wether to ban top gear or not. It's amazing all those citing that Top Gear and Clarksons mouth were responsible for the decline of the UK Motor industry. They clearly have not seen all the recent announcements from Honda, Nissan etc etc .... Rover which has gone has not been a major player for years (should have been sold to Honda not BMW).

Well done Honda!! :eek:

·
Registered
975 Posts
in school in geography the teacher but the bbc new up to tell us bout it because weve been studying cars lol and i go it my car :)

i love my civc

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Superteach, hope you don't teach in that school.[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]
This is of course GCSE English "A star" quality. As the Government keeps telling us standards are rising every year so what was it like before....?

I blame junk food, colour TV and the end of "Sooty & Sweep"

PS- "I grt hpoe teh end world wos now wy ti go" Hope you agree.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Hi Superteach,

I couldn't agree more. I do NVQ assessing and was told at my last meeting not to use red ink for marking as a red cross could be stressful and upsetting for the student. It's absolute b*ll*cks.

Bring back "O" levels and CSEs...... and discipline in schools.

Don't get me started!:mad:

·
Registered
347 Posts
How is it possible to teach (or learn) in an environment where there is neither discipline nor feedback.

It wasn't like that in my day... (Dribbles and falls asleep)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I was talking to a group of "teenagers" outside Tesco the other night, they wanted me to buy them booze (which I took great pleasure in refusig to do), but I asked one a question and the reply........ izit, pronounced, iiizzzzzeeeeeeett, silent t. I was confused, you don't answer a question with a question. The whole of society is turning backwards (apologies to any young uns on here) we need to start actually teaching our children "English". Jesus, I'm only 30. The world is turning into Vicki Pollard and Catherine Tates teenagers.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I hope that English was the next lesson ;)
Lol yer i was being sloppy, its actually a really good school, top 20, and i got 3 A's in recent AS levels, but sometimes i just cant be botherd to type proper sentances lol and i do have slight dyslexia but apoligies for any difficulty in translating my replies.

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts