2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

So the clock/radio display has started to fade slightly, kind of like when you push down on a calculator display. After driving for a while it goes back to normal. I'm not sure whether this is because of the cold weather or for some other reason.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and how it could be fixed?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Battery?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting it serviced soon so I'll have the battery checked out then. Unfortunately more of the sections of the letters and number are fading and getting worse. Could it be anything else incase it's not the battery?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
If its just that display then I say its a problem local to it and not the battery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's only that display, is it easy to access and remove the unit? I've found a cheap replacement on eBay but not sure whether to take it to the dealer first

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Not sure never took that part out.

Your car no longer in warranty?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
i get that in in the cold winter mornings its dim to start, then brightens itself up after a while, but only in very cold mornings

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have the same issue, and if im correct the LCD display is being fed electronically via small contacts to the screen, which over time oxidise, all they prob need is a good clean and some WD40, im gonna see how easy it is to get into, and see for myself

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, I have the same issue, and if im correct the LCD display is being fed electronically via small contacts to the screen, which over time oxidise, all they prob need is a good clean and some WD40, im gonna see how easy it is to get into, and see for myself
Yeah I'm going to try the same thing, can't hurt to test the connections before looking to replace the unit.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the radio display? I've looked all over but can't find any 'how to' guides to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a satnav display.. but the system will be the same. First of all you have to put down the "roof" from digital speedometer... then you have to try pull speedometer direction to you.. you have to put down "roof" of the radio also (under that diplay). There is a two screws, that you need to put out. Thats it.. Just a pull display carefully to you...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did try to take the display out but thought I would break something by doing so. I don't know if there is some sort of wiki to show how to take it out and replace it

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to get the clock out either, and I've had pretty much everything else out of the dash!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts