Administrator
18,008 Posts
UV's a killer, even in Wales it seems :lol:

Change the interior to leather.

Or fit seat covers.

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
Only just seen this thread. Mine is just the same, downside of the sunny south coast I guess. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Is there not a way to dye it back to the proper colour? Just thinking back over old wheeler dealer episodes, swear they dyed some seats.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Mines not faded at all, but kept in a garage, which means less sun bleaching......

I guess if it stays outside, it's inevitable

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have used Rit Liquid Dye in Pearl Grey on heavily stained fabric seats. On the first go it was kind of a failure, as the darker stains were still visible. The car was not worth that much so I first used diluted bleach to brighten the dark stains and on the second go it went nice enough. For application I used a common household cleaning sponge. Beware it will need at least a day for properly drying up. On an otherwise nice car I'm not sure I would take the risk though, maybe someone specialized on interior detailing would have better methods for doing this right.

Edit: If you really try this method, use rubber gloves. Seriously. Don't ask me how long it took to clean my hands afterwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your ideas guys.

There must be a product made for this issue, can't seem to find anything though!

Any other ideas guys?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts