2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys looking for opinions. I am thinking about updating my type R GT. Its a november 07 57. NHB, rages, HIDS, Hekos, Tints, LED Sides and red interiors, side decals, type r mats, FSH with 19,000 0n clock, all verified by MOTs and service book. Taxed till june, MOT november 12. whats a reasonble trade in? I am looking at either an 09 in Milano with 11.5 k for 11795 or one similar for boiut same cash.. thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have to ask... why? i could understand it if it was a my10 or a m200 or cw model. at the mileage you have that car could last 10yrs. personally i would cane the money on a charger ;)

sent from my phone
well long story but am doing some home improvements as well. if am going to get a loan might as well.. if not the car will be 9 years old when i look to change it by which time will be worth not a lot if you follow my logic

·
!-!
369 Posts
well long story but am doing some home improvements as well. if am going to get a loan might as well.. if not the car will be 9 years old when i look to change it by which time will be worth not a lot if you follow my logic
Its only 1-2 years difference though, especially in this state of the economy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
how do you mean?
i think he means your car will be 9yrs old then one youre deeper in hock to will be 7yrs old at both of those ages mileage, fsh and condition will dictate the price not the age. have a look at ep3 prices to see what i mean!

sent from my phone

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Sorry, but i have to go with the flow here and say it is a pointless sideways "upgrade" and money down the drain.

Either keep what you have, or save your coppers for a real upgrade, i.e. a Nissan GT-R! :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
If I were you I would keep the nhb and maybe even spend a bit on it whether it be new wheels or some performance mods as its low mileage and when its older it's really the mileage that gets taken into consideration

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so upgrade existing..... so go on then.... give me the list..... had thought about shoving a parrot in and reversing sensors anyway? FRS? Eibach? any ideas on proces would be handy as well....

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
how much do you want to spend? i would go with tein springs on your car and full frs then brakes :D
This man speaks sense.

Tein springs (Or eibach)
FRSU
Then sort the brakes out so you can stop, i have gone with stoptech discs, ds2500 pads and hel lines.

But yeah, keep the 57 plate dude, its pointless upgrading to the same car in a different colour for more money, there is many tidy examples of nhb's on here.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
funny enough called progrip this morning and he e mailing me a quote for just that...... think your all right. have just stuck a thread on the mods page for ideas.... maybe spend couple of grand give or take

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
funny enough called progrip this morning and he e mailing me a quote for just that...... think your all right. have just stuck a thread on the mods page for ideas.... maybe spend couple of grand give or take
Can you let me know how much he quotes you as I will be looking to get mine done soon

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can you let me know how much he quotes you as I will be looking to get mine done soon
No probs Ross. He is e mailing me tonightso he says so will pong u a text or pm u here. Failing that will see you sunday. He sounds flat out and didn't think would be soon lol

Reactions: rossk1009
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.