2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Fake CTR

9K views 120 replies 51 participants last post by  Huge 
#1 ·
Anyone responsible for the light grey 5dr with a Type R badge and 18" CTR rims in St Barts hospital occasionally over last week?

You left the Diesel badge on! Fooling no one!

#7 ·
I saw a ford ka with a tt body kit. 10/10 for effort but they should of kept it as a ka as tt's are crap!

#11 ·
Anyone responsible for the light grey 5dr with a Type R badge and 18" CTR rims in St Barts hospital occasionally over last week?

You left the Diesel badge on! Fooling no one!
Are you sure? Maybe it was a genuine TypeR who had added an i-CTDI badge? :D
If you'd want one, I have an i-CTDI badge to spare! :rolleyes:

K.

#14 ·
john87 said:
There a 07 plate tigra round my area with a 16v badge on the grill and a 20v badge on the boot :facepalm: not to mention about 5 others, 'sport' 'SRi' 'irmscher' 'twinport' and a Holden badge :p
There is a Tigra like that in central Scotland. It's a joke on wheels. If I remember correctly the tigra I'm talking about had a vts badge along with coupe, cabriolet, 16v and irmscher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Sorry, bit of a diversion here...you mention the diesel badge, which i have seen on others cars. My car doesn't have it (yes it's a diesel!) is it likely to be missing, or were they not on all cars?

BFM

#23 ·
Sorry, bit of a diversion here...you mention the diesel badge, which i have seen on others cars. My car doesn't have it (yes it's a diesel!) is it likely to be missing, or were they not on all cars?

BFM
I think Honda only put the badge on the rear of the earlier models.. then it changed and put a sticker in the rear window instead. I note yours is an 06 though so its possibly been removed. I took mine off, as I think it's hideous.

Back on topic - If they like it then thats all that matters! Although I wouldn't put one on mine!!! :D

#24 ·
Putting R parts on is one thing tho like i said about Mugen

If your actually carrying a Badge on the ar that isnt for your car it looks stupid

i.e a Mugen Badge on a non Mugen car

hmmmm
but is type r not a car??? mugen is a company making styling and performance parts for hondas, like irmscher is for GM,
i badged my vectra up as an irmscher car as i spent 1000s on irmscher styling parts but never badged it up as a gsi,:worms:

#25 ·
Mugen is a car (M20 M200) you will find the bits for FN2 is from the M200 or M20 from other cars like the Type R badge is from a Type R.

from a Performance view i would go for it and im not just saying it because i have a Quick Shift lol but i would be putting Mugen Stickers or Badges on it as it not a M20 or M200

#30 ·
The poor kid must obviously be a little low on the grey matter!! Why on Gods Earth would you want to ruin a 2.2 with a TYPE R badge. :)

#33 ·
maybe on the 2.2... he should have put... TYPE R KILLER.... hehehhe
:worms:

with a remap, filter, and nice little exhaust system it could get nasty..

haha

i do understand your views on people plastering an R badge on..
but sometimes i think it would be fun to plaster something like a ford KA with one haha..

for sure, some people do put them on because they like the R idea...
others may just do it for giggles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.