2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say that I'm really glad we only get one of the UK Civics out here in Australia - The Type-R.

The rest of the Civic Range here is the JDM Spec Chassis/Body:

civic_gallery_ext_02.jpg

Doesn't matter what you do or how many Red Badges you add, you can't make that look like this:

gallery_ext_04.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I can see many reasons for doing a Type-S up to look like a Type-R.
  • Some can't afford the CTR.
  • Some want the economy of a Diesel.
  • Some want the 5th seat.
  • Some can't insure a CTR (over here you flat out cannot insure a CTR if you are under 25. You can't even be a driver. They tell you when you get the insurance that if the driver is under 25 at the time of the accident then the car is not covered. Full Stop).
  • Some want a colour other than BLACK/RED/SILVER (we only get those 3 colours here).
But at the end of the day, while I have no problem with anyone doing whatever they want to their car and I'm not going to get all upset if you make your car up to look like something it's not, I'm still secretly pleased that here in Australia, if you want a car that looks like mine. You have to have the real deal.

-H

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Now that looks super mean, and quite scary coming up behind you at speed :) I like ;-)

ATB,
Tom

Btw are the three japanese midgets standing in the passenger side wheel an extra or do they come as standard??? :lol:

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Btw are the three japanese midgets standing in the passenger side wheel an extra or do they come as standard??? :lol:
Its a Honda - Of course they cost extra.[smilie=tongue.gif]

PS: It's a very nice car, but we still don't get it here so even if someone in AUS made their Civic Hybrid look like that you'd still know it's fake...

I like the look of the FN2 better anyway... If I wanted a 4 Door Sportscar I could just get one of these:

Hero1.jpg

HSV Clubsport R8 - 317 kW, 6.2 litre LS3 alloy V8 with 550Nm of Torque.

...but they're a dime-a-dozen out here...

PPS: I bet that JDM goes like Stink though....;) ... and I note from the artice that they are only making 300 of those...
...at 4,777,500¥ + Dealer and Gov charges.... That's just under £24,000GBP - not a bad price.

-H

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Should have known they'd be extra. But I bet you can't buy them seperately, makes the JDM, that bit more exclusive :lol:

ATB,
Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to say that I'm really glad we only get one of the UK Civics out here in Australia - The Type-R.
  • Some can't insure a CTR (over here you flat out cannot insure a CTR if you are under 25. You can't even be a driver. They tell you when you get the insurance that if the driver is under 25 at the time of the accident then the car is not covered. Full Stop).
I'm 21 with an FN2R under my name with full comprehensive insurance in vic. Seen a black FD1 here with the FD2R spoiler, factory badges taken off with red Hs and a typeR badge

·
Banned
88 Posts
the fn2 looks way better than the fd2 in its standard form... the mugen version is something else tho. WITH A PRICE TO MATCH!

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 21 with an FN2R under my name with full comprehensive insurance in vic. Seen a black FD1 here with the FD2R spoiler, factory badges taken off with red Hs and a typeR badge

Groovy... I guess you're lucky then. I'm 33 but when I rang around for insurance quotes every single company gave me a quote followed by "The vehicle will not be insured for any driver under the age of 25"

Do you mind if I ask what company and how much?

-H

·
Registered
2 Posts
Groovy... I guess you're lucky then. I'm 33 but when I rang around for insurance quotes every single company gave me a quote followed by "The vehicle will not be insured for any driver under the age of 25"

Do you mind if I ask what company and how much?

-H
Justcars, $2000, 21, full lisence, no demerits, no claims, no loss of lisence

drop by HondaTech Australia Forums - Powered by vBulletin . Alot of oz FN2R owners hang out there

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts