2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the "fake" exhaust.

It looks like the exhaust exits from the triangle:

IMG_6232.jpg

But there's an exhaust underneath pointing down:

IMG_6238.jpg

In fact, to add authenticity to the fake, a small branch comes off the main exhaust and comes out of the triangle, so the triangle will smoke/steam in a realistic fashion:

IMG_6236.jpg

Bit silly really, but not the end of the world!

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
This is a fascinating insight into the lengths a car manufacturer will go to in the name of Fashion!!!!

Over here in Portugal, and I presume in the UK too, the 1.4's only differ from the other 2 engine choices in their triangular 'exhaust' ports are 'blanked' off. Other than that, there appers to be no difference in the vehicles at all......

As I was just discussing with another guy on another Civic site, the spec sheets from the UK to Portugal seem to be wildly different, e.g. Leather 'Wheel and Fogs are extra on 'Sport' models over there, wheras here in Portugal they are both standard 'Sport' fare.......strange.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I wonder why it doesnt all come out of the triangle? Must be somethign to do with the surrounds or something?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to bet on either noise tests or particulates tests. Look at all diesel cars, and they have those downwardly pointing exhausts just behind the rear of the car.

Anyone got underneath the 1.8 yet?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Mark996, Just out of curiosity what are bike prices like compared to UK prices? I assume you have a Ducati?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I'm lucky enough to have a Ducati 996R, 749S and MV Agusta F4S!!!

Anyway, with regards to the prices, it commonly known that the prices here in Portugal are THE most expensive in Europe, mainly thanks to our 21% VAT rate, amongst other things.

For instance, just taking some info from the Honda Portugal Website, the 1.4 Sport actually has a base price of around 16,000 Euro.....but by the time you add all the taxes, the OTR for that car is 22,500 Euro (£15,546)!!!!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I am not a biker, its my girlfriend who rides...nudge..nudge..wink..wink..anyway. She noticed your name and asked the question. She shouted something not to complimentary when you listed your bikes. She did ask if it was the MV is the 1000 or 750, either way she is jealous.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Chill out Giss...wow.
Top review fella, can’t fault your appraisal.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Just been to the dealers to check on my car, pick it up on Friday. My car was in the dealership. So I had a quick look under the rear of the car @ the exhaust.

I am getting a 1.8 ES in Galaxy Grey (colour nothing to do with it I know).

Well looking at it the pictures posted, my exhaust doesn’t look like that. I have taken pictures on my camera phone, but I don’t know how to upload them.
Where the pics above have a "twin exhaust" look, the downspout on mine isnt there. In its place is a "bracket" of sort (well it’s the best I can describe it).

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After a bit of digging, there's no regulation forcing diesel exhausts to point down (and a few do point out), it's just to hide the smokey gasses from view and to avoid a black area on the back of the car.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Mark996 said:
Anyway, with regards to the prices, it commonly known that the prices here in Portugal are THE most expensive in Europe, mainly thanks to our 21% VAT rate, amongst other things.
sorry to say this... you are wrong here. try denmark. i paid 265 000 dkk for my 1.8 sport - equals 24 000 british pounds. and various taxes on cars here add up to 180% of the price. so you in portugal are not so bad off...

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Well - that makes me feel alot better to know that I haven't been ripped off quite as much as the folk in Denmark!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Still, I get a little tired of my fellow country men always bleating "rip off Britain" when it's actually, factually, not THAT extraordinarily expensive at all....... :roll:

Yes , yes, there are some countrys in Europe that are cheaper than others (Germany, it seems), but all fellow British Folk reading this, rest assured, you are not alone having to pay through the nose for whatever you buy!!!!!! :wink: :cry:

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
In reply to original post, my exhaust is blocked off from going to the triangles, had a prod around in there couple days after I got the car, very dissapointed in that.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
gissing said:
Happy to do some pics on my 1.8 when I get it :)
So are they any different on the 1.8?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts