2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do owners rate Falken tyres?

I'm looking at buying 4 225/40 R18. So far my best price is just under £310 fitted.

Advice welcome. :eek:

·
Registered
235 Posts
same here, ive had these fitted for about 4 months now, and they are as good as the pilot sports that i had on before.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They have finally arrived at my fitters, so off to get them put on later today :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had these on my previous car and they were very good. Good traction in all weather conditions. Much better than bridgestones in the wet imo.

Good price too.

Will look to get these again when I need replacements on my 18's.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are on, must check the pressures in the morning as I think on the 18" wheels they should be a 32psi.

So far so good. Seemed a bit quieter on the motorway.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not 32psi but 36psi!

Check the pressures from cold this morning 2 were at 27psi and the others at 32psi.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I've ordered 4 Falken FK 452 - MFS XL tyres for my '07 CTS, should be receiving them this weekend...

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I had Falken ZE 512s on my previous '98 Civic... loved 'em to bits!
No more tyre burnouts at traffic lights though :( am sure gonna miss the Michelin PS2s!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Ok, so I got the FK-452s and had them fitted last Saturday. All that I can say is...

W... O... W...

Absolutely breathtakingly fantastically brilliant! It's like wheels on steroids!

In wet conditions I felt like the grip was 30% better.
On a dry road, I managed to take a turn at 64 km/h (my previous best was 54 km/h with the Michelin PS2s).
And while rolling at 130 km/h on the highway with the windows rolled down, the road-noice was so low I found myself digging my ears for wax (didn't find any though)!

So for all you Potenza and PS2 owners, I know this sounds incredible, but honestly these tyres are tremendously better. I'm never going back to any other wheels but Falkens.

The joys of 140bhp are back! And here to stay (I hope!). Lets see how the wearing goes...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fk452

had mine on for two weeks and can honestly say the best tyre ive had since they stopped making Bridgestone S02 pole positions which i would say were the best tyre ever made for road use

·
Registered
83 Posts
got a couple of these last week to replace my Goodyear F1's, too early to comment but only cost me £71 each fitted from local tyre place

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
cost me about 480 € fitted... the joys of being in France!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to say i bought these as they were recommended to me and on the track they are terrible.

I am doing a write up over the next few days, however if you want to have decent grip when warm, they are not good at all. They are very slippery and due to that kick in the traction when you do not want too, plus they tend to produce a lot of understeer, even without throttle and slow entry into corners.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best tyre I ever had...

Got 30k out of them on my 5 series.

Far better than the F1's I used to run. Quieter and better in the wet...

Hello everyone by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Best tyre I ever had...

Got 30k out of them on my 5 series.

Far better than the F1's I used to run. Quieter and better in the wet...

Hello everyone by the way.

I Fully agree!!
They are Very good tyres, in my opinion. :p

Welcome to the forum by the way! :hello2:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts