2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grrr. Tried this today by undoing two bolts at the top to discover there must be two more behind clip covers in the extra boot bit itself. I can't get the covers off as they are really flush. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
yeah....looked at this a few years ago as a way to store full size 18 wheel...the back of the storage hole can be removed....chap on here did a conversion with pics....I think I bookmarked it.....hang on,ill have a look

·
Enjoying life
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats great sonar, thanks. Yep, took the top two bolts off but I'm afraid I'll destroy the plastic cap covers over the other two bolts with my brutal like style :laugh2:

·
Enjoying life
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yay, just removed it. Can't believe how heavy it is with all the gubbings, must be 5kg :surprise:

The covers need a very thin flat screwdriver pushed in at the top, gently push down and pull towards yourself. They hinge at the bottom. That's another 1 bhp per tonne :laugh2:

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Yay, just removed it. Can't believe how heavy it is with all the gubbings, must be 5kg :surprise:

The covers need a very thin flat screwdriver pushed in at the top, gently push down and pull towards yourself. They hinge at the bottom. That's another 1 bhp per tonne :laugh2:

LOL....nice one flashy :wink3:

·
Enjoying life
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Wasn't far off with the weight estimate. 4.6kg!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts