2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

ive been looking at changing my car possibly i really like the FD2 over the civic Type R i was wondering how much of a better car the FD2 is?
also insurance is it a lot more on a FD2 being an import?

where the best place to look for one to buy?

Thanks

jay

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Standard for standard, the FD2 is more of a driver's car, lighter, more powerful, faster, stiffer chassis and more focussed than the FN2. However, a few modifications will get an FN2 reasonably close performance wise. Also, the FN2 is arguably a nicer place to sit and benefits from being very practical thanks to it's enormous load lugging capacity - although the FD2 does have 4 doors (useful if there are more than 2 people in the car regularly). And while the suspension on the FN2 isn't the best, the FD2 is even harsher as standard, so be prepared to spend little to get that sorted (there are some excellent low-cost ways of doing this).

Yes, insurance will be more and that's partly because it's an import

Keep an eye on the FD2 Owners forum. Even if there are none for sale there, the members may well know about the history of a car for sale elsewhere simply because there are so few FD2s around.

Overall, I love my FD2 and so do most other owners. If you go for one, you are unlikely to be disappointed. You will also enjoy that fact that being so rare, very few other drivers on the road know what they are. This means you a) get the satisfaction of driving something very different and b) can slip under the radar, which means very little unwanted attention from plod/other road users :D

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
One thing i wondered about the fd2 is whether it came with oem sat nav. Never seen one with it and from the few pictures i have seen they seem to have a different dash to the fn2

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
They all generally come with an aftermarket stereo as the Jap radio doesn't cover the same FM band as the UK.

As far as I'm aware the only option was a factory radio or no radio and a blanking plate.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
One thing i wondered about the fd2 is whether it came with oem sat nav. Never seen one with it and from the few pictures i have seen they seem to have a different dash to the fn2
It has a double din size recess in the dash so you can fit in something aftermarket pretty easily

·
Registered
372 Posts
That JRSC one on pistonheads was up at the same garage for £18k when they first got it, didn't sell and it's not over £21 :lol:

I want my FD2 back. Only been without it 4 days and it's unbearable! Looking forward to getting it back Saturday. Even with the abysmal turning circle it's a fantastic car :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts