·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if this is in the wrong place please move it

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I got one question if you dont mind me asking ;) why do they pres accelerator then havy braking after gear change whill theyr foot is still on the brake? what does ir gives?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I'm guessing it keeps the rev's higher for when you exit the corner but :confused: I'm no expert.
Heel to toe, it keeps the car within it's power band (Really handy on a turbo, as it 'eliminates' turbo lag as the car keeps spooling up....) it also helps you to keep greater control of the car in fast corners because of the weight distribtution , I do it when I'm really punting her round country lanes.....

Hard to master (I'm not there completely yet and I've been teaching myself for about 3 years, still a bit jerky on odd occasions, also hindered by shoe choise if you wear boot or thick soled shoes....).

Tom

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Heel to toe, it keeps the car within it's power band (Really handy on a turbo, as it 'eliminates' turbo lag as the car keeps spooling up....) it also helps you to keep greater control of the car in fast corners because of the weight distribtution , I do it when I'm really punting her round country lanes.....

Hard to master (I'm not there completely yet and I've been teaching myself for about 3 years, still a bit jerky on odd occasions, also hindered by shoe choise if you wear boot or thick soled shoes....).

Tom
So when do you press the acelerator? just after you realese the cluth or before??? it is interasting ;)

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
before you blip the gas just before releasing the clutch on a down shift it is common practice accross the motorsport world it also makes for a smoother down shift

·
Registered
6 Posts
It looks pretty fast (well, cause it is fast but it's pretty simple once you break it down into simple steps)

I think it goes something like this:

1) Clutch in and brake at the same time with both feet
2) With the clutch foot (left) still down...
3) use your right foot toes (still on the brake) to pivot your heel onto the accelerator.
4) With your right foot heel on the accelerator, blip it to match the revs for the downshift
5) Shift down a gear
6) Left food off the clutch WHILST...
7) using your right foot to accelerate out of the bend

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
OMG its alot of thing to do in the metter of seconds while you have whatch the road, stee,r change gea,r and whach the odometer to desingade the clutch.. even reading this is to much info for my head... :D

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
LOL, once you've gotten used to doing it, it's like changing gear..........

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts