2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys my civic aircon is staying on all the time and the fans are always on even when i start the car in the morning cold. my question is are the fans linked to the aircon staying on. I know about the faulty relay switch for the aircon. So going to honda dealers tomorrow to pick up another relay. But before i waste my money on it i just wanted to hear your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Normally if the aircon is on the fans stay on almost all the time. Especially if you set the temp to lo. When the temp is set higher the fans will come on when the climate control turns the air con on. I believe that if the relay has failed the aircon will not work at all.
Dont pay honda to replace the relay it is a 30 second job to do yourself. There are several good how to's on the forum.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well got to the bottom of it now.
was not the relay in the end. was a sensor on the bottom of the radiator that had corroded and failed. causing the fans to stay on as a safety feature.80 pounds for the sensor and wiring loom. 40 pounds fitted. all working fine now. wish it was the relay that's only 32 pounds !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts