2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a chinese double din (Atoto A6 Pro) for my FN2. I have the correct wiring harness from Connects2 to hook up the steering wheel controls, I just need to know which steering wheel control cables I need to connect.
I have Key1, Key2 and GND.

I have Googled it and found different responses for different vehicles but nothing much for Civic Mk8's so I wondered if anyone else had any experience with this?

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Hiya rnvb ,
Don't know if this will help but this is the one that I used, I had to get my local car stereo installation shop to wire together to install into my ctr fn2 dont forget it's a electronic fed aerial from the spare blue wire from the harness but it was just plug and play and jobs agoodan, good luck and stay safe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marice63, I do already have that same harness. I should have explained, the stereo has cables labelled Steering wheel Key(+), steering wheel key#(+) and SWC-Gnd and the harness has cables labelled Key1, key2 and Gnd. I don't know which of these should be attached or left? Does key(+) go to key1on the harness and does key#(+) go to key 2?

The other confusing part is I have googled and found that some cars, not Honda, only needed key(+) attaching.

I can do it by trial and error, I just wondered if anyone else had any experience on this that might save some time. It's a universal head unit so the manual has no specific info for hooking it up to a civic.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I'm sorry my friend as I said I just took my connects 2 with my wiring harness from my double din to my local car stereo installation shop and said splice them together £20 later l got music

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks anyway Maurice. I got a reply from Connects2, they said connect all 3 cables and then the steering wheel buttons can be programmed on the head unit itself.

I haven't had chance to try this yet but will install in the next few days.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Let us know how you get on. The 3 wires would need to be connected to the H/U steering controls.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fitted it today and wired all 3 cables in. Steering wheel key#(+) goes to Key1 on the harness, steering wheel key(+) goes to key2 and the obvious one, SWC-GND goes to Gnd on the harness.

The clock with the date and heater temp showed straight away on the dash so I knew the connects2 box was working although steering wheel controls did nothing. The Atoto A6 I installed has a menu within Settings > Default controls where you have to assign the steering wheel buttons to a function.

This menu is a large grid with quite a few different functions. IMPORTANT make sure you press the Reset button on the bottom right of the grid before trying to assign a function to the steering wheel buttons or it wont work. Then hold your finger on which function you want to assign until it flashes then press the corresponding button on the steering wheel. It will put an extra green icon on the grid next to the function you have chosen.

This is for an Atoto A6 Pro so the wiring should be the same for most other Chinese android head units but how you assign the buttons may be different.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. I installed a Pioneer Hu but I was thinking about the one you installed. It gets decent reviews. Keep us posted on how you get one with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like it so far. Coming from the standard stereo to this, it's miles better. Music sounds really good even on standard speakers. I use Deezer for my music so I installed the app and its brilliant. I have audio quality on highest setting, you get all album art and song info. The standard music apps are functional but look very basic.

It's very responsive to use, it comes with Qualcomm aptx so if you stream music to the unit by Bluetooth it's also good quality, as if you had used aux. It also has 2 USB cables and one is fast charge. I routed those through to the centre armrest box.

Any questions on it just ask.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Does it have a DSP also??I mean crossovers and time correction.

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts