2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
461 - 480 of 1645 Posts

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #461 ·
Polybush and coilies I'm hunting any suspension i can

I admit that I may have gone a few psi under but it feels soooo good. Nowt in the boot at the mo, so no harm.

I reckon long term, that I'll be fitting 4kg springs. Then I'll be able to set the dampers mid range rather than fully soft.

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
i have a question for anyone with ATR's fitted up front. Or a BBK kit for that matter.

After a decent drive, my rear's still have sign's of rust on the swept part of the disk.

It's like they are hardly getting any use. I don't recall this before fitting the ATR's.

I'll try and take a picture over the weekend for 'show and tell' ;)

Now that the fronts are doing more work, I'm wondering if I should consider compensating by fitting softer rear pads?

I'm not that bothered and not considering going to any great lengths like changing master cylinder or the pedal box, etc.

Both rear calipers have recently had their slider pins stripped, cleaned and relubed.

I'm interested to hear opinions of others, so do tell...

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
I'm just back from a short drive and the rear disc looks fine now, no rust on the swept face at all. So I must have just clocked it on an odd day.

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 · (Edited)
Last weeks MeisterR settings were fully soft all round, mainly because I was fed up being launched from my seat!

I wish we'd initially set 'em full soft from the start 'cos the ride is sooo much better.

Handling doesn't appear to have been compromised either and as bumps are soaked up better it actually feels safer to press on.

I have just dialed back in a couple more mm preload as I felt the springs were a teeny bit loose. I reckon I backed them off too much a few weeks back

No doubt I'll be tweaking them again soon tho...

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #472 · (Edited)
Do the polybushes take away that vague wallowing feeling?
Turns occur immediately and took a few minutes to adjust to just how sensitive the steering had become.

Bumps are damped out pretty quick after touch down, with no bounce.

What kinda annoys me is a rise/inverted bump(!) which the car now follows rather than soaking up.

If the rise is followed by a depression then the car tracks through both.

If the rise/fall are large and the dampers set away from full soft, then my butt leaves the seat...

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
I never did get a comparison pic after fitting the spacers, until now ;)

Top pic = no spacers, looks daft :Wow:.

Bottom pic = 15mm front, 20mm rear.

The wheels are still fairly tucked but look a lot better.

*excuse the slightly blur'd pic's, I zoomed in a tad for a direct comparison and it seems that pic editing on a phone just isn't quite up to the job (yet).

Oh and she's not had a wash in the bottom pic :facepalm2:

· Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Turns occur immediately and took a few minutes to adjust to just how sensitive the steering had become.

Bumps are damped out pretty quick after touch down, with no bounce.

What kinda annoys me is a rise/inverted bump(!) which the car now follows rather than soaking up.

If the rise is followed by a depression then the car tracks through both.

If the rise/fall are large and the dampers set away from full soft, then my butt leaves the seat...
Hahaha, super fly guy. Thanks mate. I tried the car on a bumpy road that I had been down ages ago with the eibachs on. The car used to be all over the road, now with the Meisters, although more firm, it's perfectly controlled.

· Deserter to Lexus
1,997 Posts
I totally agree about firmer doesn't always equal better handling, I find hard suspension very skittish at times.

Out of interests if handling was of zero interest could the meister r's be set in a way that would make them a lot more comfortable than say stock? Is there a way to make the civic suspension comparable to a German hatchback for example?

Or is it just the civics design to be a relatively hard ride?

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #476 ·
Softer springs and firmed up dampers would work better IMO. I may well give that set-up a try at some point.

Currently with 5kg springs my dampers are full soft. Even a few clicks away from soft and the ride deteriorates, for a daily on our shocking roads.

461 - 480 of 1645 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.