2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1645 Posts

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,041 · (Edited)
Today I fitted one of RickHondaR's Footwell Lighting kits, thanks pal.
Blue Light Performance Electric blue Magenta

I initially tried to hook into the interior light circuit but struggled to get enough wiring accessible

So for now I tapped into the ignition fired Option Connector, which actually works well with the footwell Dimmer.

To be honest, I wasn't sure about lighting the footwells but now it's in, I'm pleased with the results

Ref: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinf...8g-9g-crz-crv-led-footwell-lighting-kits.html

· Premium Member
589 Posts
Today I fitted one of RickHondaR's Footwell Lighting kits, thanks pal.
View attachment 185498
I initially tried to hook into the interior light circuit but struggled to get enough wiring accessible

So for now I tapped into the ignition fired Option Connector, which actually works well with the footwell Dimmer.

To be honest, I wasn't sure about lighting the footwells but now it's in, I'm pleased with the results
one of the first things i did to my car, i now cant imagine the car with out them :) mines wired into the glove box light. i have mine set on the lowest dim, the brightest was to much more my poor eyes

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,045 · (Edited)
I did wonder when you would get around to that mod mate ;)
I love mine, but I am swapping from red back to blue...
Welcome my resident stalker

I only managed to arrange collection for yesterday. Any trips over Rick's way were last minute, so I didn't have chance to organise owt. In the end I made a special trip.

So you've gone blue, red and decided blue is more better? Do tell...

· Registered
250 Posts
When you fitted your clutch damper bypass pipe I see you used an Eezibleed, how easy is that to use and can you do it on your own?

I have my bypass pipe to fit but looking at ways of bleeding the clutch on my own and the Eezibleed is the only way I can find/think of.

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,050 ·
When you fitted your clutch damper bypass pipe I see you used an Eezibleed, how easy is that to use and can you do it on your own?

I have my bypass pipe to fit but looking at ways of bleeding the clutch on my own and the Eezibleed is the only way I can find/think of.
I find the Eezibleed can sometimes be a bit fiddly to rig up with the oversize cap and g-clamps and another time it's really easy.

More hands do make it easier to get the cap on and sealed but I've done it several times solo, just take your time.

Once it's hooked up then the bleed is easy and works really well.

Good luck fitting the bypass hose, shout if you need guidance.

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,054 ·
Sorry I was referring to your recent footwell lights fixtures :D
Ah okay.

Yes, they are a doddle to plumb in using the option connector for ignition switched live and an earth.

I did try hooking into the cockpit dimmer wires but struggled to get enough loose cable. I suspect I'll have another bash when it's warmer.

With the footwell dimmer remote I can turn them off if need be.

· Premium Member
889 Posts
Ah okay.

Yes, they are a doddle to plumb in using the option connector for ignition switched live and an earth.

I did try hooking into the cockpit dimmer wires but struggled to get enough loose cable. I suspect I'll have another bash when it's warmer.

With the footwell dimmer remote I can turn them off if need be.
May have to drop by one afternoon and you can do your worst to it, I work at the big Knowhow buildings in Newark so I'm literally a stones throw away from you I think (Tuxford right?)

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,056 ·
May have to drop by one afternoon and you can do your worst to it, I work at the big Knowhow buildings in Newark so I'm literally a stones throw away from you I think (Tuxford right?)
Hey that's handy as I'm just up the A1.

Yeah, I'm not quite as far as Tuxford and you're welcome to swing by, I work from home most of the time (at the mo).

I occasionally drive out your way and wonder where you might be hiding :)

Do you have an option connector? If not, grab one 'cos they make the job real easy.

· Premium Member
889 Posts
Hey that's handy as I'm just up the A1.

Yeah, I'm not quite as far as Tuxford and you're welcome to swing by, I work from home most of the time (at the mo).

I occasionally drive out your way and wonder where you might be hiding :)

Do you have an option connector? If not, grab one 'cos they make the job real easy.
Awesome bud cheers, and I haven't got a clue what that is, so the answer would be no! :p

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,058 ·

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,060 ·
A quick wash of the car's at lunchtime turned into a full on inner/outer detailing session all afternoon, then it rained! :facepalm:

I've never been bothered with the lack of spare wheel but with a road trip to Belgium looming I figured I ought to have something.

I just took a cheeky punt on a Honda air compressor with TRK and...won a few minutes ago, not bad for £10.50 :D

1041 - 1060 of 1645 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.