2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1645 Posts

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,342 (Edited)
Glow plugs changed this avo

The car seems less smelly around the tail pipe and maybe even a bit more responsive (tho that maybe a placebo effect).

Got the new 'uns from Cox, who claim they should be changed every 40-60k miles - ref; http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-civic-icdti-diesel-glow-plug-x1-p-3296.html

I have tried to check resistance of the old and new plugs but think my old multi meter is past it. I figured replacing them can't hurt and they aren't expensive.

Over the next few days, I'll see if it stops/reduces my occasional smokey start up.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I thought glowplugs weren't service items? Meant to be lifetime items? But I mean if it helps then maybe I'll give it a go too!

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,345
I thought glowplugs weren't service items? Meant to be lifetime items? But I mean if it helps then maybe I'll give it a go too!
I thought that too bit there seems to be conflicting info online.

When I clocked the Cox page, that tipped me to relaxing mine. Mine had covered 120k.

I may still also get the injectors checked but at least I've started somewhere.

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,346
wish I'd got some for them to do in my service. Doh! should improve things Lee :)
I'd only swap 'em if you have an issue pal. My car ponged of diesel and it seemed to be getting worse.

How many miles have yours covered?

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,347
The last of the Polybush's are coming off today, from the rear axle...

Bought a bush extractor set and it's made the job soooo much easier.

Lunchtime and then back to the swap the NS over.

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,349
Nowt up with the Polyb's, they work really well and sharpen up the handling a treat.

Our local roads are the issue, they're just too rough. Actually some dual carriageways and even motorways are getting as bad.

The Polyb's are great for a track car/2nd/fun car, but not for me as a daily driver.

They also add some road noise and vibes, tho not excessive.

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,353
that is NOT a job I would want to do myself! [smilie=nope.gif]
Haha, I wasn't too keen either but with the right tools it's a doddle.

After all the agro I had with the front bush, on the lower wishbone. The rear was quite easy by comparison and proved that it helps to have the right tool for the job.

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,354 (Edited)
It's about time I recap'd my recent updates;

• 6kg front springs - MeisterR (from 5kg), damping 10 from soft all round (from 3)
  • Moog drop links (were Meyle HD/fat head 44mm, to 34mm approx), front brake block brackets flattened/drilled for drop links to clear
  • satnav disk 3.A
  • MTEC ATR plain front disks, treated black (were grooved)
  • annual service
  • front wishbones, front bushes now OEM (were Polyb)
  • stainless 'Civic' sill trims
  • glow plugs replaced
  • rear trailing arm bushes now OEM (were Polyb)
The current mod's list...

Mods:

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
It's about time I recap'd my recent updates;

• 6kg front springs - MeisterR (from 5kg), damping 10 from soft all round (from 3)
  • Moog drop links (were Meyle HD/fat head 44mm, to 34mm approx), front brake block brackets flattened/drilled for drop links to clear
  • satnav disk 3.A
  • MTEC ATR plain front disks, treated black (were grooved)
  • annual service
  • front wishbones, front bushes now OEM (were Polyb)
  • stainless 'Civic' sill trims
  • glow plugs replaced
  • rear trailing arm bushes now OEM (were Polyb)
The current mod's list...

Mods:
You're a role model to us all Lee! How much power are you running or are you not sure?

Any plans for the future?!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,356
You're a role model to us all Lee! How much power are you running or are you not sure?

Any plans for the future?!
Aw fanks man. It's surprising how quickly the mod's soon accrue.

Enough oomph when I need it...Stage 2, around 200 ponies and a shed load a push :p Honda 2.2 CDTi - 140hp - Elite Remaps

Dashcam next me thinks, I saw a lorry back end an Audi (shame) on my commute this week. Gawd knows where the truck driver thought he was as we were in steadily slowing traffic for the Black Car r/bout. Although I did see some t0ss3r join the A1 just before who was slicing and dicing unnecessarily...if it was the same car then he'll have got his cumuppance.

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,357
I could do with some waterproof seat covers too, does anymore have any recommendations?

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,359
1341 - 1360 of 1645 Posts