2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What would be the cost of the front camber bolts and rear shims to get a slight negative camber? Shipped to Germany please :)

How many degrees on front and back would be okey? Dont want to ruin my tires ;)

Ive heard that because of the rear shims not all bolts are under the same pressure after installing, is this true and when yes, what are the downsides of this solution?

Cheers :)

Adrian

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi,

What would be the cost of the front camber bolts and rear shims to get a slight negative camber? Shipped to Germany please :)

How many degrees on front and back would be okey? Dont want to ruin my tires ;)

Ive heard that because of the rear shims not all bolts are under the same pressure after installing, is this true and when yes, what are the downsides of this solution?

Cheers :)

Adrian
Hi Adrian, thanks for getting in touch.

I can send the front camber bolts out to you, no problem at all. We try to aim for 1' negative camber all round.

The only way I can really supply the correct shims, is to see a current print out of your geometry. We keep various sizes in stock to effect camber and toe on the rear, there's too many to just send out a selection though.

Because the shims are solid, there is no problem with fitting. The only thing we advise against, is fitting more than two shims to each side. That way, there is still more than enough thread for the hubs to be refitted correctly.

Rich

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info :)

Here is the print of the geometry,"Vorne" means front, "Hinten" means rear, "Vorher" means before, "Nachher" means after:

Is the geometry all in all set up correctly?

Cheers

Adrian

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Thanks for the info :)

Here is the print of the geometry,"Vorne" means front, "Hinten" means rear, "Vorher" means before, "Nachher" means after:

Is the geometry all in all set up correctly?

Cheers

Adrian
So if I'm reading that correct, the rear toe is 0.01' 0.22'?

If that is the case, I would recommend two rear shims to alter both rear toe. The left needs to gain some toe in, and the right needs to lose around 1mm of toe.

I hope that makes sense. I can supply these at £8.50 each plus postage.

Rich

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

That was before, after its 0.02' left and 0.22' right :)

The camber at rear with - 1.08 and - 1.11 is alright or should it be a little more?

What camber would be okey for the front, - 1 or even - 1.5?

Can i set the camber by myself on front with some home-made methods? Dont want to pay again 70€ for the geometry:)

I'm taking both shims and the camber-bolts :) Whats the price shipped to Germany?

Cheers

Adrian

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi,

That was before, after its 0.02' left and 0.22' right :)

The camber at rear with - 1.08 and - 1.11 is alright or should it be a little more?

What camber would be okey for the front, - 1 or even - 1.5?

Can i set the camber by myself on front with some home-made methods? Dont want to pay again 70€ for the geometry:)

I'm taking both shims and the camber-bolts :) Whats the price shipped to Germany?

Cheers

Adrian
I think it will be difficult for you to set the geometry without an accurate way of measuring? I would advise using a professional garage with the correct equipment, especially if you want the best results.

The rear geometry will not be effected by anything the garage has done, it will be changes in the ramp or if the car has been jacked up and then set down again as it has only changed by 0.01'.

So I will supply the rear shims, and label them as to which side they should be fitted. The camber bolts are just £25.00 and delivery is with Royal Mail recorded at £8.70 inc VAT.

How do you want to pay?

Rich

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the answer!

I would like to pay via PayPal :)

Could you please also answer my questions about the amount of the front and rear camber from my post above?
Im thinking about - 1.5 at the front because the tires are standing out a little bit at the top.

What is the exact advantage of the shims that i could unterstand the way it works? Will i feel a strong difference?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Thanks for the answer!

I would like to pay via PayPal :)

Could you please also answer my questions about the amount of the front and rear camber from my post above?
Im thinking about - 1.5 at the front because the tires are standing out a little bit at the top.

What is the exact advantage of the shims that i could unterstand the way it works? Will i feel a strong difference?
It will be difficult to gain as much camber as -1.5' as the bolts only give around 1' adjustment. If you are intent on getting 1.5, you could use two sets of camber bolts, one in each fitting point in the bottom of the front shocks and that will give you a little more adjustment.

We usually aim for -1' camber all round, as you already have that on the rear. The toe shims are shaped so they only fit one way. You bolt them behind the hubs, which effects the way the hub sits thus effecting the cars geometry.

I hope this makes sense.

Give me a PM, I can give you a total cost and our Paypal details if you're ready to order.

Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts