2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it !!!

Also whats the benifit of ebach springs and what about lowering amounts ? Lots of speed bumps here so i was thinking of maybe 15mm then a larger set of wheels ???

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
A fast road set up is when the geometry of the wheels is adjusted in favour of grip/handling/steering responsiveness etc. It consists of negative camber on all four wheels, and either toe in on the rear and tow out on the front, or the opposite, I'm not too sure which way it is.

To do this on an FN2 you need adjustable camber bolts for the front, shims on the back due to the 8th Gen Civic's rear suspension set up, a garage with the equipment to set the geometry up properly, and settings that tell you what to adjust it all to.

If you take the car to any local garage to do this, they'll more than likely require the settings, so you'd need to speak to a garage that can supply them I.e. TDI North/South, ABP.

Using Eibach or Tein S lowering springs will improve the ride slightly by making it less crashy, but also improve handling; they do this as they're progressive springs. This also lowers the car's center of gravity, which helps with handling.

There's a sticky in the TDI section explaining all this in more detail. Hope that helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts