2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Fault accident, named drivers fault, no claims protection?

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cavalrystu 
#1 ·
So last year my wife/name driver crashed, she was at fault but we had NCP, Im up for renewel soon and wanted to get some clarification on a few things.

1. I had 5 years NCP, do I get another year despite the claim? Or does it stay at 5? (Id guess the latter...)

2. When speaking to insurers I obviously must declare the claim but what do I say because strictly I wasnt driving, can I mitigate the damage by stating this?? I appreciate the policies in my name but it wasn't strictly the policy holder who was at fault. How will insurers see this?

(If it matters, she wont be on next years policy)

#2 ·
If your no claims discount NCD is protected then the number of years will increase by 1 .... But your premium will increase cos of the claim

You will need to stipulate you have had a fault claim on your insurance by the named driver

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk ?

#4 ·
Nope thats completely incorrect.

If you have protected NCB and have a claim, you will NOT get another year... you will however keep whatever you had prior to that year...

Your premium may still rise though due to the claim, but obviously not as much as it would have if your bonus wasn't protected.

#5 ·
Bonus Protection is almost pointless, I have recently had insurance (having a company car before), and i found zero, 1... all the way to 5 years NCB, insurance was £360... down to about £295.... So, even if I lost all my NCB, premium rose only £65.

THe accident history will of course bump up the quote, so really, NCB (when you're older) is pointless. Protecting NCB, is just a scam to get more money from you... don't bother (unless you're under 30).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.