2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have the above fault code I retrieved myself using OBD Check ...after some searching found info on the Accord site but effects the Civics also....The VALVE ASSY., FREQUENCY SOLENOID seems to be at fault.....details can be found on www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SMG601&block_02=E__3200&block_03=16472 which is a good parts finder in itself. Question has anyone experienced this? Could I get 1 off a scrapper and take the chance...this part costs £120 + Fitting + Diagnosis = approx £200 or I is the fault code p2004 something else.

Second issue ......seem to have a buzzing sound in the engine bay with ignition off with bonnet up .....any ideas ....???

Lee......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, my car also buzzes as you say, but not sure if its normal or not!
If you do a search via torrentz.com, you will find a manual that you can download for 2006 model civics, which has a write up about that code.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, my car also buzzes as you say, but not sure if its normal or not!
If you do a search via torrentz.com, you will find a manual that you can download for 2006 model civics, which has a write up about that code.
Hope that helps
***** for that....downloaded but didn't open in html or anything i could look up on ...wasn't what i expected ....i may have done it wrong...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I downloaded it the other day.
Right click on the file, unzip it, then it should work fine.
After it is unzipped click on the HONDAESM icon, then it should work with your browser.
With explorer9 I always get a message asking if I should allow blocked content. I click on allow, then all is revealed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
I downloaded it the other day.
Right click on the file, unzip it, then it should work fine.
After it is unzipped click on the HONDAESM icon, then it should work with your browser.
With explorer9 I always get a message asking if I should allow blocked content. I click on allow, then all is revealed!
Thanks will give it a try tonight

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok had another member had the same fault code and he confirmed the Frequency Solenoid Vavle at fault but his was covered by warranty. Also spoke to the parts man at Honda who was very helpful and also said it is probably that and have sold lots of them £115 incl VAT is the best I can find but still saves me £100 to diagnose and fit myself.

Lee......

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
IMRC solenoid going by your description of the part (inlet manifold runner control)

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is a know fault and Honda have notified thier dealers by service bulletin of the problem. The bulletin states it is a manufacturing fault and the solenoid sufferes from an internal vacuum leak. Honda further state that the manufacturing process has been changed to rectify the problem. Thequestion is when Honda know there is a manufacturing problem why are customers having to purchase the part to repair the problem which is clearly Honda's fault. The sales of goods act makes it clear that the part should meet the purpose for which it was disigned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts