2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to the forum, please go easy on me.

I have civic 2006 2.2 cdti, A week ago ABS+VSA light came on. It did go away next day but back again yesterday. Also airbag light came on very briefly when I tried to reset the system by turning the key 5 times from position 1 to 2. The airbag light is off now. My friend plugged a snap on tool or something like that and got error codes:

13-1
61-1
81-1
56-10

Any ideas what these codes are. He did tell me that its; front wheel sensor, battery volts low, abs vsa module and srs internal fault.

However, if anyone can suggest anything as I am not an expert in this area. Also, this all started after my one week holiday and car was parked for this time. It did start first time and battery seems fine.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
you could try having the battery properly "drop tested" in case its reaching the end of its life.
a dying/weak battery can cause strange things to happen!

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,896 Posts
Were all the stored codes deleted after being read? Only ones that come back afterwards are the 'real' ones to be worried about (codes are stored indefinitely, so can be confusing in the event of a new problem).

'Low voltage' fault codes were probably from long ago, when the battery once went flat for some reason.

It seems unlikely that a bunch of stuff all went wrong at the same time, so my money's on the front left sensor (that 13-1 code is the only one I'm familiar with) but best to see which codes are persistent before spending money on parts.

As you have a friend with Snap-On diagnostics then you won't need this guide, but I'll link it here for anyone else having problems with ABS/VSA or SRS codes... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/7044-read-clear-diagnostic-error-codes-no-special-tools.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys,

The wheel speed sensor might be playing up as I did get some work done recently. The fuel pipes were leaking and were replaced and then I left the car for a week. I am sure it was parked on a slope and diesel might have seeped in the wheel or may be not.

The mechanic also replaced antiroll bars recently and may be that has damaged it.

I will take it to the garage and see if it only needs cleaning (fingers crossed) and will also ask to recharge the battery.

cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,
Upadte: I was on way to the garage for a new abs sensor but half way through when I put my foot down from 30 mph to 40 mph in 3rd gear what happens: The car lost the power and I was left in the middle of the road with no revs. I turned the engine off and turn on again but still no power or revs. I turned the engine off and now it wont start at all and dash showed all lights.

Phoned the recovery and whilst waiting I thought to try again and this time it started fine with no warning lights not even abs or vsa. Drove to the garage and left the car. The recovery man checked the battery and it was fine reading about 14.97 with engine on and 13.45 with engine off.

Only had the car for two weeks and everyday a new problem, I hope my love for civic is not over.[smilie=sad.gif]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts