2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so many fixes needed on my civic ex 07!they fixed my hft and throttle pedal already but for the rest they did half work i am so angry now!!what s the best to do for me now.the worst bug they cant fix is when i drive my car at 120km/h i have wind noise .i have been back 2 times.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Get in touch with Honda directly don’t go through the dealer, you should be able to find the number on your website, tell them that the dealer is not carrying out the repairs correctly or at all and that you ask them to get involved and sort it out for you.

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
Honda won't be interested, not their responsibility, they'll simply refer you back to dealer, my advice is to try another dealer.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
is he

don't think any of them could cure my aircon or radio until honda come up with a fix

and they don't give a monkeys

·
Registered
676 Posts
Wind Noise Solution!!

the worst bug they cant fix is when i drive my car at 120km/h i have wind noise .i have been back 2 times.
ok no worries I had the same problem but I found it very quickly!!

in front of the side mirrors on lower end of the A pillar there is a black plastic triangle... and the corner in the direction to the hood is not fixed properly.. the air can get under it so it works like a wing and makes noise...

you can try to push that corner of the plastic in and you will see how it is moving!

(I still haven't showed it to my dealer but you could let me know how they have fixed it!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Honda won't be interested, not their responsibility, they'll simply refer you back to dealer, my advice is to try another dealer.

I am inclined to disagree with you, the warranty is with Honda and not the dealer, also it is Hondas responsibility to ensure that there dealers provide a decent level of customer support. I feel sure that if you moan enough, drop in a few ‘give me my money back’ or ‘I will sell it and buy a Audi, VW, etc’ you will get some sort of reaction.
Manufacturers do not like customers contacting them directly and most times it seems to work.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yeppa I see it the same as CZ, its not up to Honda to repair anything simply down to the dealer, go and find another one who might appreciate a long term Customer

It does piss me off, they are quick enough selling you the car, but when it comes down to repair it under warranty they don't like to do it (mind you not all Dealers are like that..:D :D )

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
I am inclined to disagree with you, the warranty is with Honda and not the dealer, also it is Hondas responsibility to ensure that there dealers provide a decent level of customer support. I feel sure that if you moan enough, drop in a few ‘give me my money back’ or ‘I will sell it and buy a Audi, VW, etc’ you will get some sort of reaction.
Manufacturers do not like customers contacting them directly and most times it seems to work.
Incorrect, dealers are franchises, much likes McDonalds, Subway etc Your contract is with the dealer, not Honda. Many people have tried contacting Honda directly, most with little or no success. If Honda were selling cars direct then it would be their responsibility to sort out matters.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Dealers have to get approval from Honda for certain types of work to be carried out, and also it is Honda that foots the bill, no dealer is going to fix design faults without Honda's involvement.
I would say that it is firstly the dealer's responsibility to resolve an issue, but also Honda's responsibllity to provide the dealer with the neccessary technical resource when required.
Take a problem like the "radio issue". This is almost certainly a design fault and as such must be Honda's responsibility.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what a hate most is that they told me that they fixed all but they didn't!i taught that the 07 model wont have many faults....well it has!!!10 faults 3 big ones 7 little on my ex!!!i love the car but for the rest it sux next time a toyota.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts