2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the new Type-R's and S's are slowly beginning to drop in on this place, I was wondering if any of the common faults or irritations appear on these models too.

Or did they manage to sort out everything ?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
i find no problem all my car nearly 1000miles brilliant drive also the troque are fanastic too :cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
my only irritation is a slight rattle from the rear, originally thought it was the parcel shelf, then thought it was the locking wheel nut packet which once i removed it stopped the rattle, but now its coming back again and that packet is out of the car so think we are back to blaming the parcel shelf again.

Other than that my Type-S is running like a dream!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Over on CTRO there seems to be a few people who are having trouble selecting 3rd gear in their R's. It seems to happen 1 in 20 times or there abouts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Windscreen pillar trim distorted, Boot lid just locks, handbrake needs slight adjustment, difficult gear change now eased with age and me confused with on-board computer. Apart from those no problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Took delivery of my type s in January. I have got knocking suspension, sticking fuel filler, a creak from the windscreen area and the Hft mic problem which I sorted myself. The car will go back when I've got time. I love the car but I'm getting increasingly nervous about the quality of what I 've bought and whether it's going to last the distance.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I had an S for 6 weeks from mid-December & suffered the filler cap problem. Also the cigarette lighter socket pulled out when I disconnected my TomTom. So not bad considering the problems others have reported.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Drove the TYPE-R + today, i managed to replicate some of the exact same "problems/features" as on the 1.8 sport.

On a tilted slope (car facing uphill), when the handbrake is on, i get the exact same SQUEAAAK when rising from car as on the 1.8 sport. (no i dont weigh over thousand pounds :) )

Sounds from the front suspension, i managed to get the same clunk on the type-r as on the 1.8 sport.. it only occured once on during my 1 hour and 50 km test drive. I guess it's just a feature of the car?

No other rattles detected. We'll, im not buying one, at least not yet.. not spending another 18k € on trade from a year old 1.8 sport.. a bit too much at the current moment [smilie=tongue.gif]

Other wise a nice beast, but it really begs to be driven hard :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well.....

A lot better than my previous EX but it still has issues.

Right indicator getting condensation trapped inside (better than my old car which had the whole rear cluster replaced twice)
Third gear appears to be an issue, not so much when warmed up but according to another forum, Honda are aware of this and are developing a fix.

Apart from that, good schtuff.

·
Registered
104 Posts
only thing I've noticed at the moment (after 5days) is the clunk from the front suspension.. Only noticed at low speeds (like turning the car round on the drive)

------------------------------------------
Type-R GT - Sat Nav + HFT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 56 reg Type S (NHB), is an "07" model due to the VIN. Its the "basic" Type S but with Ipod and Front Foggies.
When i first got the car it was perfect, but i developed the fuel cap problem (Fixed). Also the Dash started to rattle insanely on anything but the best road, and as i'm in the UK and our roads are pretty poor, it drove me bonkers. Got it fixed same time as the fuel cap.
Last week i started to hear two seperate rattel now, one is a "tinny" almost metallic sounding noise. The second is a more bird like churp whenever the front suspension has to do anything (Rocky road). This sound is really annoying and as it seems suspension related the car is going back on Thursday for them to look at it.
Hopefully it will get sorted, nothing more annoying than rattles and squeaks.
Altogether a good car, love driving it, love looking at it, even love cleaning it, just hope these issues are all sortable.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Had my Type S since last Oct and only probs so far sticking fuel filler cap (fixed), latch on rear seat back rattled (fixed), replacement rubber on drivers door window due to a lump in it causing rubber to pop outwards and plastic trim on tailgate over lights holding bolt on passenger side had sheared and causing trim to be loose - fixed in 10 mins by my very helpful local dealer Gordons Honda, Bolton.

·
Registered
104 Posts
oh dear....

Now starting to notice the "3rd gear" problem...

------------------------------------------
Type-R GT - Sat Nav + HFT

1 - 20 of 35 Posts