2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all, i am about to buy a 2006/7 50k ish civic diesel, are there any paticular things to look out for, thx

and am i right that the civic doesnt have the dreaded dpf my mazda 6 has....nightmare !! or ill be buying petrol :)

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Hi and welcome :) as far as i know all diesels after 54 plate are fitted with dpf I had one on my old car and i agree they are a pain but you can have them removed.

If your doing short journeys all the time then your best with petrol, the faults I've found so far are battery draining, squeaky rear suspension in morning, squeaky clutch, rattles on dash, poor paintwork on doors (inside) and the paintwork in general chips easily so don't tail gate anyone haha

Not driven the civic diesel but can imagine it being fun, the type r is great fun but costly running haha

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
The Civic i-CTDI does not have a DPF in the UK :) One of the reasons I bought one, after the horror my Dad had with his ill-fated Zafira diesel :s

Only thing to really watch out for is the clutch, they are made of chocolate and prone to slipping. Test this on your test drive to make sure you're not buying one on it's last legs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dpf ?

i didnt think the civic diesel (up until now i believe) had dpf in the uk, thats what i can gather from browsing here and there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts