2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,273 Posts
I just bought a 2018 1.0L civic from a Renault dealership on HP finance as it was a trade in car. 17k miles when I got it, and when I tested the AC was not cool at all, but they regassed it and it was ice cold for a while. AC wasn't cold at all today when I used it.

Car is out of Honda warranty, but I believe the Renault dealership had a 3 month warranty that I'm still within. Should I take it back to have them regass it or is it a more serious problem with the condenser and should I ask them or Honda to replace it?
under the Consumer protection regs (2015) any fault occurring within 6 months of purchase is deemed to have been there at time of purchase, so is down to the dealer to fix. They have to prove that it wasn't faulty, you don't have to prove it was.
Go to Honestjohn.co.uk and search for consumer rights.

Dealers give these poxy little short warranties hoping that the customer doesn't know any better and/or try to sell a longer one to get themselves covered by the "insurance" that they've just made a commission on.

·
Super Moderator
5,273 Posts
It genuinely worries me how many people are having issues with their Aircon. I bought my FK8 a little over 2 months ago and I'm not sure if it's blowing cold enough.
When yours did work, was it freezing cold air? Mines blowing cool air (wouldn't say it's very cold). Sometimes when I'm at a red light or just stopped it blows only mildly cool so curious as to how cold these should actually get when working.
should be blowing around 5C +/- on Lo, full fan and on recirc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts