2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Still having problems with my CD Player. Exactly 25-30 mins after playing a CD it begins to stutter and eventually stops working..

I'm wondering if this is due to the device overheating? I did previously try to pack some material below the CD player to stop some rattles and have had problems since so probably my own fault..

Also the heating vents are directly above the CD Player so is it worth packing in some thermotec material to keep the heat away from the CD Player?

Interested to hear if anyone else has had similar issues and has found a fix,

Many Thanks

PS Have been looking into dension or USB links but these don't show id3 tags which I really want to keep if possible?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep probably what it is dunno why I asked lol

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
PS Have been looking into dension or USB links but these don't show id3 tags which I really want to keep if possible?
No units offer this unfortunately - not even the Honda ones.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Had a crack at removing stereo, pics attached (yes I had some foam left under the CD Player LOL). I'm going to leave it all out for now (will have to freeze for now). Then I can diagnose the rattles better and spray some silicon spray everywhere. Hopefully this should also resolve the over-heating issue when I install it back :)

Any ideas what device is in pic 5?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
It's a mute module - usually used to mute the audio of your cd player/radio when you receive an incoming call through your handsfree... although could be used for other purposes I guess?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rattles are not my friend....

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally found the rattle! yeeeeeesssssssssssss!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.