2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I had one as well. Car goes in next week for its checkup and the windscreen clip things as well (which the chap on the service desk knew all about) And....I get a free courtesy car as well, not like some of those other dealers that now charge a tenner or so.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,171 Posts
if you have an old sat nav disk, wont find it anyway

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Porta-loos ordered and on their way to the front garden for a an extended party this weekend!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not bovered Lol, But Im sure everyone has seen it now, so I will take it off. I just posted it to show you the letter.(couldnt be assed to open PS)

Anyways, gotta boot this thing in soon(N)!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Have you had the work carried out already or not?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Had my EPS unit replaced months ago (when I couldn't turn the steering wheel going round a small roundabout in Portsmouth!) - also got the rear shocks replaced when the car was almost new.
Anyways - still got the letter!

·
您看了
456 Posts
Got the letter and the EPS unit was ordered today after the checks were carried out during my second service. Also had the replacement fuel filler cap fitted at the same time (full replacement, not foam).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Having my EPS and filler cap issues sorted when it goes in for it's 1st service in Feb (amongst other issues).

They want to charge the £10 (plus £500 excess) for a courtesy car, so I've decided to pay my workmate the tenner for his petrol / time / trouble and get a lift - at least I haven't got the worry of the excess then!

KJ

·
您看了
456 Posts
The loan car £10 is to reduce the excess to £500 (like most insurance policies). You dont have to pay this, but if you don't the excess will usually be a couple of grand :( . So worth paying the Tenner.

My local dealer where I bought my car have pretty much stopped doing "Loan" cars and have switched to "rental" cars.
I mean they still do offer to provide you with a car with £11.25 to cover the insurance excess situation, but now they also charge 16p per mile in costs when you borrow one:mad: . Hardly a muthafrakin curtosy is it!!!!!!. Their excuss is that they now put petrol in the car..... oh really, and petrol costs 16p per mile does it?

Case in point, I was going to drop my car off on the way home from work borrow a "rental" and pick my car up on the way home the next day. This would have been around 58+miles in total on the "rental". So that would have cost me £21+.

If I was paying the petrol it would have cost the £11.25 plus just over a gallon and a bit, so maybe £18ish max. But I wouldnt have minded that as it would have been my choice to put the petrol in the car and use is as a "curtosy" provided by my dealer whilst I provided them with my business. Being told I must pay 16p a mile for something that they themselves tell me I am already entitled to is just plain "mercedes" behaviour. It would have also meant that I could not have used the car in the evening as I would have incurred far higher costs (I was out to see a mate that night so my "curtosy" car would have cost in excess of £35 in charges!!!)

Bloody annoyed about this as when I bought the car I was told all about the services they offer and "free" curtosy car was one of them. As was collection and delivery for whenever my car is serviced.... although they failed to mention that the collection & delivery drivers don't work on a Saturday and never have done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts