2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone can give me some advice, the rev monitor that sits at the side of the speedo does not appear to be working.

When I start the car the lights all come on as part of the system start up (meaning that all of the lights are working) but when i am driving they do not do anything. Can anyone explain or tell me what i am doing wrong?[smilie=confuzzled.:

·
Administrator
21,157 Posts
You really have to be pulling high revs for this to display anything.

Normal driving will not display anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did think that and have therefore tried it to see if anything happens but still nothing. I also have a problem with the external temperature sensor and have read/am still reading the threads on here about that, but you dont think that this could be linked? (Not sure how other than that is an electrical fault also).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does your economy meter work as you can turn these both off in the set up menu? has some one done this?>>:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the economy meter does work.

When you switch off the rev or economy meter the White writing also disappears however with this problem the white "Rev" is still there but no lights light up as i am driving. It is really strange.

I have tried resetting all of the settings, but it doesnt solve the problem...

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
You really do have to get into very high revs for the lights to come on. By the way, they come on two at a time, so basically it is only three stages.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it is going into Honda on Thursday so they can look at it at the same time. Not what you want though when i only picked the car up yesterday...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the links above, i did have a look but i must have missed that one... duh!

I have asked this question in another thread before and i know this is totally off topic but has anyone had the external temperature sensor replaced and does this stop the temp from reading 55c when it is clearly a little chillier!?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks and will do, its the first day on here and trying to get used to how it works!

Again thanks for the advice, i was told "you will never get a problem with that car because of the badge on the back..." famous last words it appears!

·
Registered
329 Posts
So funny reading this thread, i had same problem with rev counter not coming on! until one day i got stuck in snow and was spinning the front wheel on snow for traction was doing about 3.5rpm going on to 4rpm before low behold i saw those magical rev lights come on! Im more of a calm, tame driver so dont think i will see them much on normal driving!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I thought mine were faulty too, but one day I was running late and had to push and they appeared!. you do have to take it to the limit to get them to come on. In nearly two years of ownership I've only seen them come on twice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts