2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What ya at
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to use the windshield washer earlier today and the insert in the bonnet holder which creates the double jet spray decided to come apart and disappear across the road. Anyone else have this happen.
First pic with the insert jet on passenger side, second pic after the insert ejected itself from the holder.

Attachments

·
What ya at
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Okay i had this happened to my passenger side washer jet today, just failed and blew out the Centre piece. Lucky I purchased two of these from Cox in April, so I have a spare. But just asking again.Surely I can’t be the only one this has happened to.

·
What ya at
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I did report it the dealer, he said it was the first they heard of it. Found the piece that came out, it was resting on the windscreen cowl, I popped it back in to place and it works,but surely this shouldn’t be breaking so easily.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Do you have particularly high calcium content in your water? It may be clogging up to a point to cause enough back pressure for that blow out to occur.

How much did the pair cost from Cox?

·
What ya at
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have particularly high calcium content in your water? It may be clogging up to a point to cause enough back pressure for that blow out to occur.

How much did the pair cost from Cox?
Using filtered water so it’s not that, cost 20 for the pair. Just think these are a cheap and particularly bad design nozzle.
If you look inside all that is holding the Centre part that gives the spray pattern, is a slightly raised ring. So any wonder they pop out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem, my drivers side jet is just a trickle that hardly reaches the windscreen, I've told the dealer the last time the car was serviced and all they did was adjust the jet. It has now got much worse and in the recent bad weather is becoming a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts