2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

FD2 Cams mapping?

6K views 58 replies 7 participants last post by  rindo 
#1 ·
Guys is anyone in the knowledge as to whether the FD2 cams need mapping if dropped into the FN2?

I understand mapping will bring our the best but can I run without it causing issues?

I have acquired a set along with the balancer shaft delete kit (which I managed to source new for £325). I also have the genuine timing chain kit

I'm also waiting on Tegiwa to run their next promotion so I can pick up an RRC Manifold + thermal gaskets, that I know will need a tweak on the map so it can wait

#56 · (Edited)
Exactly my thoughts mate , it runs like an absolute dream now pick up is immense so much more composed, them poly mounts have tightened things up. The uprated injectors also made a difference

I won't lie I was disappointed that these things weren't picked up straight away, but I'm glad it's all done

#58 ·
Mate in the thousands easily if I factor In labour aswell

My best advice would be to get the japspeed manifold, catback and an intake, perhaps a 200 cel CAT from magnex (I had zero issue with MOT), These mods alone with a remap your looking at just under 2k ! This will give you superb midrange gains

In all honesty the extras I've done beyond that improve Performance
that bit more and power stays consistent not dropping off

Spend the money on brakes & suspension perhaps a stage 1 clutch and go FI , that's what I should have done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.