2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Discussion starter · #24 ·
@vti444 @SilverCider @rindo

Cheers chaps got everything fitted took a good 10hours!
FD2 oil pump delete, FD2 cams, New timing chain, RRC Mani & thermal gasket for Mani & TB plus valve clearances set
Everything torqued up correctly

Sounds really meaty and strong no vtec yet you wern't kidding about the remap!

Deffo needs it, acceleration pedal is dull, shakes and revs sometimes bounce on idle and seems rough like it's fighting to stay alive

Booked in Friday for mapping, will this require the 410cc RDX Injectors or uprated fuel rail?

I'm running above mods with exhaust manifold, induction kit & exhaust

Cheers

Fuel rail not required. Might get away with stock injectors but dyno tune will tell if you require 410 or not.

Im not actually sure if im on oem or 410cc injectors although do think on 330cc. I run increased fuel pressure though and aftermarket fuel pump. My mugen rail was fitted by prev owner just because looked good !

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Yh fingers crossed it's cost a bomb to get to this stage lol

Once done I'm leaving the engine as is. I've replaced clutch, brakes, suspension and lots of other little bits.

Finishing touch would be a good set of lightweight alloys and I'm giving my wallet a break lol

Looking forward to seeing the results!

I'm still on OEM injectors but I'm only on standard cams. As vti said, difficult to say whether you'll need bigger ones until it's mapped but they usually become the limiting factor when cams come onto play.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Didn't go well lads, unfortunately.

The map was done then it was extremely jumpy at low revs like fuelling is trying to cut out left it there

They reckon O2 sensor, throttle sensor or maf il know more tomo

Didn't go well lads, unfortunately.

The map was done then it was extremely jumpy at low revs like fuelling is trying to cut out left it there

They reckon O2 sensor, throttle sensor or maf il know more tomo
Well at least its with peps who know what they are doing. It will get their, I suppose its best to find these issues out now and have it bang on when it matters.

Who's mapping it ? I had occasional mis fire few years ago so just gave car to tdi north.

Turned out to be coil pack so they put new 1 in.

While car was on dyno being tested they found out 02 sensor was on way out so new 1 put in from honda. Not cheap though as about £250 for oem sensor alone. Glad they spotted it though as couldnt tell driving it.

Discussion starter · #35 · (Edited)
TDI South , they raised concerns about the car missing but said it was intermittent and to book back in as it hit 5.30. I took it a mile up the road and it was really really bad felt like it was choking, jumping, going to stall etc
Basically totally undriveable

Needles to say I took it straight back and it will be looked at Tomo for fault finding

TDI South , they raised concerns about the car missing but said it was intermittent and to book back in as it hit 5.30. I took it a mile up the road and it was really really bad felt like it was choking, jumping, going to stall etc
Basically totally undriveable

Needles to say I took it straight back and it will be looked at Timothy for fault finding
I hope you get it sorted, Im sure these guys know what they are doing and will get to the bottom of it. Did they lend you a car to get home. Did they mention what it might be.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
No car to get home taxi ride was like 25 mins so I'm not mega far from them

Yeah could be a number of things but not limited throttle position sensor, MAF, O2 sensor, bad earth ?

Will kno more Tomo hopefully

Discussion starter · #40 ·
In summary;

Near stock
164bhp
143ft-lb

EcuTek map with
Japspeed manifold
Injen CAI
Catback exhaust

215bhp at flywheel
187bhp at wheel
160ft-lb

EcuTek map with
All the above
FD2 cams
RRC Manifold
Balancer shaft delete

Around 230bhp fly
204bhp at wheels
159ft-lb

So overall 40bhp from when I first had the car and up16-ft

As you can see NA tuning ain't cheap and gains low

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.