2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
40 bhp up is nothing to be shy about, and peak figures only tell part of the story. I might have thought that torque would have improved a little better than that but I bet it still drives well now! I'm up 30-35 bhp with similar mods but without cams.

What was the issue causing the kangarooing in the end?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vti444
Na tuning is very expensive but also very rewarding. Dont focus on the numbers as thats what gets most people down.

Focus on how it drives and imagine you didnt have any numbers, what would you think of car now ?

Ive often walked out of place after mapping not knowing the numbers as forgot to even aak for dyno sheet. I just wanted car to be safe and drive how i wanted it.

Go out and enjoy the car mate.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Still under investigation, I recall that the wiring on this sensor was adapted and extended to fit the RRC although it's a guess they haven't really looked at over the weekend although will be looked at first thing in the morning

Discussion starter · #45 ·
No mate investigating it, I was got. Call yesterday telling me it's a Monday morning jobby.... But did ask what works I had done which could give possible rise to the issue so the above is a possible wait n see

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Ok so got the car back was told that there was an issue with the map a glitch of sorts
So it was put to standard and then the map added again drove perfectly collected yesterday

This morning on the way from work this problem has manifested itself again now mainly in 3rd and occasionally in 4th gear

If below 3000rpm and I boot it In them gear the car judders and then smooths out once the revs start picking up, definitely feels like a fuelling issue I'm really stumped now , is it the intake manifold, a map sensor , injectors ? I have no idea now

Would an ECU reset help ? Injector cleaner? A good ragging ? Blocked sports cat I just dunno

Is this normal for u lads who are running similar setup
Some recommended I get RDX Injectors but again il have to map

Discussion starter · #48 · (Edited)
Yes mate fuel filter was done recently albeit for a standard filter not a walboro pump

I was considering uprating the injectors to RDX

I could try the idle relearn process as it's been driven for ages at high gear low speed without any booting around doubt this will help tho

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Yes mate contacted them I can't take it in earlier than 6th may

I'm going to try and clean the MAF with some contact cleaner and try the ECU relearn procedure to see if it helps and run through some injector cleaner. Nothing to lose

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Ok it's ready to collect tomorrow

Issues identified;

Excessive spark plug gaps (can't understand how I bought the laser iridium's from Tegiwa)
Replaced with HKS plugs

Loose engine earth

Missing intake clamp lower down

MAF sensor rescaling

Even so I added poly engine mounts and 410cc injectors!

See how it rides Tomo when I pick it up !

Discussion starter · #54 ·
It's been a mighty expensive process, I'm a little miffed that the MAF needed rescaling, wouldn't this have been done during the initial mapping session where they spent a good deal of time with the car hmmmm

I am also surprised it wasn't picked up on whilst it was being mapped! All good now though?

Discussion starter · #56 · (Edited)
Exactly my thoughts mate , it runs like an absolute dream now pick up is immense so much more composed, them poly mounts have tightened things up. The uprated injectors also made a difference

I won't lie I was disappointed that these things weren't picked up straight away, but I'm glad it's all done

What would you think your total lay out is to get your car this far. Gives an idea to people on here or who join looking to carry this type of modifications and what they could potentially be spending.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Mate in the thousands easily if I factor In labour aswell

My best advice would be to get the japspeed manifold, catback and an intake, perhaps a 200 cel CAT from magnex (I had zero issue with MOT), These mods alone with a remap your looking at just under 2k ! This will give you superb midrange gains

In all honesty the extras I've done beyond that improve Performance
that bit more and power stays consistent not dropping off

Spend the money on brakes & suspension perhaps a stage 1 clutch and go FI , that's what I should have done

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.