2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking at a few mods. Was thinking inlet manifold and cams, as I don't want to remove CAT.
Do you still sell the fd2 cams?

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Why not remove the standard cat and manifold? It is so restrictive. A race manifold will give you loads of mid range grunt. Get a race manifold, put a cat in the exhaust and it will still pass an MOT. Go for TDis stage one cams, far better than fd2 cams. You won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Herd that putting the cat into the exhaust is a bit hit and miss. All the testers where I live seem to be up themselves so can't bribe them lol. If I could pass a mot with a race manifold I would gladly go down that route

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Personally I would not go the route of non OEM cams and a CAT.

It'd be like washing your feet with your socks on

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I understand that the first mod for power should be a race manifold. But like I said, the hassle to change it over for MOT is a bit off putting. The tegiwa removable cat was the original plan until I read a thread where it totally failed lol

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Try a different brand, you will also always get that 1% of any item that slips through QC and fails.

I wouldn't think all of Tegiwas cats are like that

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
A standard cat can fail an MOT if it is knackered. If the failure you refer to is the one on a thread on this forum I think it was replaced by tegiwa. Sometimes crap happens.
Yes you are correct paul it was replaced.
How bout the piper race manifold its perfect for your requirements.

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
Hi I'm looking at a few mods. Was thinking inlet manifold and cams, as I don't want to remove CAT.
Do you still sell the fd2 cams?
I will have a RRC manifold available in a few weeks if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I will have a RRC manifold available in a few weeks if you are interested.

I might be interested.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
I might be interested.

I will be having it taken off middle of the month and will have it back with me around 26th pending the oem manifold does its job along with a TDi TB ;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
We do sell the cams but they are pretty expensive for what they are. We also do our own drop in cams that blow the JDM/FD2 ones into the weeds for £1500 supplied fitted and dyno tuned.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
We do sell the cams but they are pretty expensive for what they are. We also do our own drop in cams that blow the JDM/FD2 ones into the weeds for £1500 supplied fitted and dyno tuned.

What gains are likely to be seen with your cams? I have CPL mani and martellius

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
What gains are likely to be seen with your cams? I have CPL mani and martellius
I can vouch for TDiN's stg1 cams. I went from 221bhp to 248bhp peak power with their cams combined with an RBC inlet mani, FD2 oil pump and throttle body. I'd say ~15bhp of that is down to the cams.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Gains depend on the mods you have. We have been running them in our Time Attack car to good effect and we have the possibility of doing what we want power wise but found them the best option available to us including against the Toda A3's which is good for a true drop in cam

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
It is. I think it's fair to say you have the best drop-in cams available for the K20 :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts