2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking to order a FD2 exhaust manifold for my fd2 but cannot find any advise or reviews on which one is best..

My short list of manifolds are

5zigen
Tracy sport
Toda
J's racing

Anyone seen any info/reviews on these manifolds or fitted one on their fd2 or similar Hondas

Any info would be great guys because I'm totally lost! At the moment I'm heading more towards Tracy Sport or 5zigen

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
What are your current mods and future plans?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are your current mods and future plans?
Currently I'm running a GruppeM, kakimoto cat back, de cat and that's it! By June thought I'll be running a Jackson racing supercharger!

What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Why not the FEEL'S/Maxim Works? That's what i'll be getting when I have the funds as the one I had on my EP3 was amazing quality.

When I was having a look through headers

5zigen- primaries smaller than other manifolds, 42.3mm IIRC whereas most others are 45mm

Tracy Sports- not much info on it but did well against a Toda on the dyno.

Toda- always a good choice but longevity is questionable, I know of one that's had to be welded and you can't fit the standard cat at MOT time which may or may not be an issue for you.

J's- Might be worth sending Wuman on FD2O a PM as he has this. Good power IIRC but as with other headers they've produced, quality varies.

Blood Sports do one which looks almost identical to the Tracy Sports item and me be a little cheaper?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not the FEEL'S/Maxim Works? That's what i'll be getting when I have the funds as the one I had on my EP3 was amazing quality.

When I was having a look through headers

5zigen- primaries smaller than other manifolds, 42.3mm IIRC whereas most others are 45mm

Tracy Sports- not much info on it but did well against a Toda on the dyno.

Toda- always a good choice but longevity is questionable, I know of one that's had to be welded and you can't fit the standard cat at MOT time which may or may not be an issue for you.

J's- Might be worth sending Wuman on FD2O a PM as he has this. Good power IIRC but as with other headers they've produced, quality varies.

Blood Sports do one which looks almost identical to the Tracy Sports item and me be a little cheaper?
Id love a Feel's or seeker manifold But they are like 300/500 quid more than the four options above!

I'm not sure I could own an exhaust that's called blood sports no matter how good it is! Lol

So you'd go Tracy Sport out of those four?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
You can fit a cat with the toda manifold but you have to get the shorter length B pipe (ie extra expense)

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
What is your budget?

Why not look at the US brands.... ASP, SSR, Hytech. All of them have specific manifolds for your FD2 chassis. They will out perform any of the ones you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is your budget?

Why not look at the US brands.... ASP, SSR, Hytech. All of them have specific manifolds for your FD2 chassis. They will out perform any of the ones you mentioned.
Has anyone on here fitted a us brand manifold on their fd2?? I'm not sure I know any uk companies that can supply me any of those brand parts...

·
Registered
372 Posts
What is your budget?

The US chassis has a different length cat, not sure they'll fit. I know if the the US guys fit a whole JDM system it works but don't think you can mix and match.

Justin give Matt at Injection Imports on here a PM. The FEEL'S isn't much more than the Toda or wasn't when I last looked. The Seeker is mad money though.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The US chassis has a different length cat, not sure they'll fit. I know if the the US guys fit a whole JDM system it works but don't think you can mix and match.

Justin give Matt at Injection Imports on here a PM. The FEEL'S isn't much more than the Toda or wasn't when I last looked. The Seeker is mad money though.
I've sent him an email but I think the Feel's will be out of my budget really!
I think my options are between the ones above and I think if I had to decide now I'd go Tracy Sport :/

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thought about having a custom one done? I don't know how much he charges but Solid Fabrications showed one on FB recently of JRSC DC5 with a custom 3" exhaust and header to match. Looked very, very good. You could sell the Kakimoto and have one of those done?

From what Jon has said on FD2O, the benefits of fitting a header are nowhere near what they are for the EP3/DC5 so you could even use the money elsewhere on the car?

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Has anyone on here fitted a us brand manifold on their fd2?? I'm not sure I know any uk companies that can supply me any of those brand parts...

Planty of guys in singapore, japan and aus running Header from US market on their FD2s.

If you email any of those 3 companies they will help you. Another very good custom header for FD2 is the Go Power one.

What is your budget?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Planty of guys in singapore, japan and aus running Header from US market on their FD2s.

If you email any of those 3 companies they will help you. Another very good custom header for FD2 is the Go Power one.

What is your budget?
I'm interested I just want the best header for my budget! Between 700/1200 max :/

·
Registered
2,417 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Does it need replacing? You'd benefit more from a 3" catback than changing the header IMO. IIRC neither of the Rotrex FD2's had aftermarket manifolds, both are 2.4 and make great power. Most headers for the FD2 make around 5bhp tops, granted that's with everything else the same but it's not that restrictive.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

What is your budget?
Does it need replacing? You'd benefit more from a 3" catback than changing the header IMO. IIRC neither of the Rotrex FD2's had aftermarket manifolds, both are 2.4 and make great power. Most headers for the FD2 make around 5bhp tops, granted that's with everything else the same but it's not that restrictive.
I've been told a manifold will help with flow when I get it charged!

It's not just about the power gain but also the weight! I couldn't believe how heavy the Oem manifold was compared to the after market one I've had with me!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Jon I believe is also going the supercharged route and has removed his Toda header as it's not beneficial.

This is the place I mentioned earlier, check out the DC5. Could be worth the trip over here to have him do you a manifold

Solid Fabrications

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I'm making 270bhp NA and over 183lb/ft midrange torque with a Toda header. You could do worse... Of course, supercharging means that flow and pulse tuning is not as critical as you're essentially forcing the air in (and gases out) - the OEM manifold may well suffice for that

1 - 20 of 35 Posts