2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, was driving my fd yesterday. Was accelerating at one point and thought it was traction loss due to it having rained.
Later on in the night it got worse, i can only describe it as it being hesitant it happens low down in the revs and high up in the revs. at one point it barely put any power down. On idle it goes up and down a couple rpm constant (not like hunting).
This morning it was worse on cold start and spluttering like before, the engine light flashed and then went away. I turned back round and went home and parked up.

My first thoughts are plugs or maybe the map sensor?
The air filter is quite dirty if I'm honest but i don't think that'd be the cause

Thanks guys

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turned out to be bad spark plugs. They had only been changed 2000 miles ago... But were denso plugs not ngk. Changed the plugs to new NGKs. Working fine

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Odd that they should pack up so early, well done sorting it out tho.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odd that they should pack up so early, well done sorting it out tho.
Could be because they're not oem or not ngk plugs. I've heard hondas don't like other plugs.

I thought it was the map sensor at first so gave that a clean to no effect. Took plugs out and all 4 had some 'burn' markings. Cylinder 2 was completely burnt and you could twist the top half round in circles...

I was bricking it thinking something serious had happened.
Glad it's sorted now and is always a good feeling fixing something yourself

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,864 Posts
Get yourself a cheap code reader, so if it happens again you can more easily find out what's wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts