2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

FD2 Owners Advice

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Relic 
#1 ·
Guys, have any of you gone from an FN2 to an FD2. I have been thinking about selling my car for a while for something different. After reading up about evos i seem to want one less and less.

I have always liked the FD2 and the mrs has always said she didn't want me to sell the fn2 unless I was getting an FD2.

My car has a fair few mods on it which i would take off and sell, by the time I have sold my standard car + mods I would have enough money to buy an FD2 with maybe putting a tiny bit towards it.

My reasoning behind this is if i keep the FN2 i would want more power, and an LSD etc. I would have more power to start with with an FD2 and an LSD (although not sure how good it is). How well do the fd's tune ? Im currently @ 236bhp with my supporting mods on my fn.

How kitted out are the fd2? I like the xenons, headlight washers, cruise control of the fn2 and its one reason i went for a 59 plate.

So yeah anybody that has gone from an fn to an fd i would appreciate your input.

Cheers in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Haven't gone from FN2 to FD2 (last car was Impreza). The FN2 is better kitted out and arguably a slightly nicer cabin. However, the FD2 is great to drive, even as standard. It has Xenons and climate control but not cruise control or headlight washers. Having said that, they have 4 doors and a big boot so pretty practical. Most FD2s dyno around 230bhp totally standard, so given they're 75kgs lighter than the FN2, it'll probably feel slightly quicker than your modified FN2. But because they're in a higher state of tune, getting more power out of them takes a bit more effort and money and tuning parts tend to be dearer. The best thing to do I would imagine is try and get a ride in one to see for yourself whether it's worth changing. I am up and down the M6 so pass your neck of the woods from time to time if you want to get a closer look :)

#3 ·
I had a fn2 and I p/x it for a fd2..

Fn2 is a perfect all round car! Comfortable, gadgets, looks ok, fairly quick etc

Fd2 is a far more driver orientated car but to make it light (ie 100kg lighter than a fn2) it's had a lot of the luxuries scraped like auto headlights and windscreen washers, cruise control and headlight washers...

Me personally it was a no brainer as I like doing track days and going fast and happy to live with the harsh ride of the fd2 to reap the benefits of its amazing handling

Hope that kinda helps

#6 ·
Went from FN2 to S2K, if it's purely for power or modding perspective don't do it. S2K felt slightly quicker but a few days and novelty wore off again.

Great car all the same, personally wouldn't make the switch myself, but do wish I'd bought an FD2 in the beginning rather than FN2.

#12 ·
Yes you are normally tied in for 12 months unless you pay the full amount up front.
If you want to leave you normally have to pay any/all outstanding.
If you pay the full amount upfront...you will have to fight to get any kind of refund.
Some will some wont.

#11 ·
Also try Chris Knott or Sky, they have been the best for my insurance quotes.
Just run a go compare quote on a fn2 £318 (unmodded) paying £470 ish all mods declared (including engine build) with sky ;)
Might be worth cancelling if just a few months in and losing a couple of months n.c, dependent if you pay monthly or in one payment.
Good luck- there's a cracking vivid blue for sale just now for £14k with a few nice mods

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.