2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tyre's are you using? can you get the OEM Bridgstones RE070 My search draws a blank on them.
Recommendation's on others welcome ;)

T.G.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I couldn't find the RE070 tyres anywhere. I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1 Ass2 and they're great. Had them on the DC5 too. Only thing I think I'll do next time is get run flats F1s for the stiffer side wall. When I got it there was Bridgestone RE050 run flats on it and I can feel the tyre walls flexing now on hard corners.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
On my pics of my fd2 in japan it has s001 bridgestone on which I think replaced the re 50, I've looked at the reviews and they seem ok, but I've never really liked bridgestone . I'll see what they are like first for me as the fronts don't look like there is much left on them, if I go to the goodyears I had on my dc5 ill end up replacing them all as I don't like mixing the brands

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I tried S001s on my FD2 and they weren't great. You can get the 070s in 18" but they're an import from Japan and cost a fortune. Probably the closest in terms of driving feel are the Yokohama AD08Rs, which are really excellent - until the weather gets cold!

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Currently running AD08R's and as said they really suit the car, if you have to cover some miles in the winter then a second set of wheels with winter's would be a good idea.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Currently running AD08R's and as said they really suit the car, if you have to cover some miles in the winter then a second set of wheels with winter's would be a good idea.

These are unbelievable tyres in the dry. Never driven with so much confidence as I did with these on.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AD08R's could be on my list then, i wont be using the FD2 in the winter as i'm fortunate to have the use of another car, my Teg was always tucked up in the garage and the FD2 will follow suit ;)
They do seem to be on the high side price wise though £120 ish.

T.G.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For me choose of the tyres depend when and where car will be used. I know is nice if you have OEM tyres but if you are living in the country where is raining often you need tyres for wet road. Dont forget , your safety and grip are very important. I am using Goodyear Eagle F1 Ass2 like Shane32891, both we are living in Ireland so we need good tyres for wet roads. That tyres are very good for wet and dry roads. My friend has a same tyres in Golf mk5 GTI and he has same opinion about that tyres. Is not important how tyres looks .. Good luck with purchase

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Pilot super sports where the only tyres to no break traction in second on my charged civic, usual as2s etc that people recommended may have well of been cheese. Ad08s were chewed through, not experienced the Rs but I'd imagine the same or similar given the compound.

Reactions: Topgeezer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts