2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks nice and clean! Good job!

Thanks mate. Appreciate the feedback. Can’t wait to do more. Got a noise coming from the back suspension. It’s gradually got worse over the course of a year. Now it’s creaking over every single bump in the road. It’s like something is loose that kind of noise. Will need to have a look at the rear suspension.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
That was the reason I asked earlier, thought it might have been the camera angle too though.

I found them harder to get than the R when I had my Type S

Good find

·
more torque than the mrs
6,732 Posts
@deni.babe is your car lowered? Looks good. If so what was the drop? And what else did you do to suspension when you lowered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dropped it 25mm using eibach pro kit , I bought original sachs shock absorbers top mounts and drop links ...

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
To be honest the creaking sounds like a bush but I’ve never encountered it so not sure?
Is it only on one side?

It’s coming from both sides. It only used to happen periodically now. All the time. When I get a day off work ok Thursday I’ll have to have to a good look and a research. So could possibly be a bush you reckon? Sorry I’ve never worked with suspension before. Please excuse my ignorance but how many are in the rear suspension? One either side?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,732 Posts
It’s coming from both sides. It only used to happen periodically now. All the time. When I get a day off work ok Thursday I’ll have to have to a good look and a research. So could possibly be a bush you reckon? Sorry I’ve never worked with suspension before. Please excuse my ignorance but how many are in the rear suspension? One either side?
bushes are on the axle and are a pain too do removal of axle I think, creaking sound on mine is the handbrake if I don't pull it up enough mine creaks.. if it's constant creaking then i'd say rear shockers https://8g.hondaclub.cz/files/service_bulletin/SJ-06-004-05.pdf . if you need new shockers take a look here very cheap . https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
bushes are on the axle and are a pain too do removal of axle I think, creaking sound on mine is the handbrake if I don't pull it up enough mine creaks.. if it's constant creaking then i'd say rear shockers https://8g.hondaclub.cz/files/service_bulletin/SJ-06-004-05.pdf . if you need new shockers take a look here very cheap . https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/

Brilliant thanks for links. Will do shocks all round. It’s a constant creaking. Whilst moving and when I bounce the rear of the car when stationary. They don’t seem too badly priced actually. Quite surprised. Thanks

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
There’s a good chance your drop links will be seized if you do the front struts.
The nuts can be a real pain to get off but there’s a ‘how to’ on the forum that might help

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Jammy git got yourself a trim kit from an SI!

As for shocks etc, i may have a set thats seen all of 2000 miles with good rears (monroe) and new eibach springs and top mounts for sale.

Otherwise excellent thread

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
There’s a good chance your drop links will be seized if you do the front struts.
The nuts can be a real pain to get off but there’s a ‘how to’ on the forum that might help

Aye I have seen the ‘how to’ and expected drop links to be seized like. I guess what I’ll do is create a plan of what I will expect to replace and replace it all. That way it’ll be sound for many more happy miles.

I will put the plan up here and if my kind civinfoers were to go through it and have a look that’d be awesome

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Jammy git got yourself a trim kit from an SI!

As for shocks etc, i may have a set thats seen all of 2000 miles with good rears (monroe) and new eibach springs and top mounts for sale.

Otherwise excellent thread

I got lucky finding it. Not far from me neither which was good. It’s in good Condition but there’s marks on arches where mud flaps were fitted which can’t be avoided so I’m going to fit mud flaps too. (Need to find some)

Oh really? That’s a good package actually.. I’d be interested in finding out a bit more

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Great start so far ! Made a big difference already looks good

Reactions: FergyCiv

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I got lucky finding it. Not far from me neither which was good. It’s in good Condition but there’s marks on arches where mud flaps were fitted which can’t be avoided so I’m going to fit mud flaps too. (Need to find some)

Oh really? That’s a good package actually.. I’d be interested in finding out a bit more
Got a photo of the marks in question? May be just dirt. On the good side, because honda paint is so soft its actually easy to remedy

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Got a photo of the marks in question? May be just dirt. On the good side, because honda paint is so soft its actually easy to remedy

I’ll get some photos up when I get out of work. Haven’t clayed the car yet so clay might shift it if it is dirt. I suspect it’s where the flaps were sitting and over time has been rubbing away at the paint. But you’re right about easy remedy!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts