2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got round to taking some snaps today after a quick wash! Nothing special - I've been considering selling up for something else (to remove my £140pcm finance commitment - which I know to some will be nothing!). But I'm looking at buying a house next year and would rather have everything going for me in terms of my finances!

However... just sat and looked at these pictures and can't help but want to keep it now. I've no spare cash for modding with everything going into the house fund but I reckon a few 'presents' here and there won't harm... Brakes are sorted... so I'm thinking Eibach's to get it lowered from the 4x4 stance along with a FRS! Possibly a Tegiwa / Martelius exhaust and HKS RSK and then leave it at that for now... rest of the money on servicing and keeping it tip top!

Matt.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Looks well, from those pics the paintwork looks in good shape for an '07.:)

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rota P1s indeed - finished in satin black :)

Paintwork isn't bad but does have a few stone chips - just can't see them easy in the photos :)

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
looks really nice mate, wish mine was red sometimes. question on the rota's, where did you manage to find a set of 18's in satin black? i can only find them in black with the red stripe

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Nice car and great pics :) I'm in the same boat as you, new house next year so unfortunately modding funds are scarce :(

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks really nice mate, wish mine was red sometimes. question on the rota's, where did you manage to find a set of 18's in satin black? i can only find them in black with the red stripe
I managed to get them in a great deal - swapping for the 19" Rages that were originally on the car... however, they were white and as you suggest they don't come standard like that.

The money I made from the swap I put towards getting them refurbed and had them done by Robbie @ Valet Magic (you'll know him well as THE Nissan GTR detailer to go to if you read Detailing World). Lepsons also gave me a good quote but I fancied a matt/satin look rather than glossy, as when the tyre shine is applied, the satin looks much better IMO.

Glossy black wheels always make the tyres look grey to my eyes after a few miles of driving even after applying dressing. They also look almost 'anthracite' like when dirty, so don't look too bad!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was literally a quick wash with some Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II - I've got 2 coats of Wolf's Body wrap on it thanks to the competition on here and I'm glad to report, it's holding up extremely well.

A wash mitt and 20 minutes later and it's clean as a whistle - the Body Wrap does make it so much easier to clean in the colder months!

Windows I used some Carlack glass polish and sealant - again works a treat but I'm looking for a product easier to work with. And although the interior shot looks OK, it really needs a good dust down and vacuum!! Leaves get everywhere this time of year! Haha.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
You'll get loads of protection from two coats of Body Wrap mate. Whole car looks good! agree about the wheels, gloss black makes the tyres look grey - they're also a nightmare to keep clean aswell, they alwaysa look dirty!

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
what a great looking milano mate - nice one :)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
You said Tegiwa/Martelius, these I've found recently to be two completely different exhausts!! The Tegiwa one is oem quiet (78db roughly) which I hate, while the Martelius is a 100db tickover animal. But if you use your car everyday, especially on motorways avoid the Martelius lol! *possible drone!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts