2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all the car is great, love it but theres a few things I want to point out, first which is all ready covered is the 3rd gear problem, just annoying, as well as getting weird looks off people when it doesnt go into gear properly, second my glove box rattles like hell, i think its the lights but not quite sure, I need to apply pressure to the top and then it stops rattling, 3rd theres a weird buzzing sound that come from the light control on the roof, that too is driving me insane, does anybody have the 2nd and 3rd problem?:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive got that weird buzzing noise too, nobody else can hear it but it drives me mad, glad to seee im not going insane after all. Mine sounds like its coming from further back in the car. i have a roof rack fitted and always just presumed it must be that.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I've got the buzzing in my EX and it seems to be coming from the rear light, is that what you mean?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
first of all the car is great, love it but theres a few things I want to point out, first which is all ready covered is the 3rd gear problem, just annoying, as well as getting weird looks off people when it doesnt go into gear properly, second my glove box rattles like hell, i think its the lights but not quite sure, I need to apply pressure to the top and then it stops rattling, 3rd theres a weird buzzing sound that come from the light control on the roof, that too is driving me insane, does anybody have the 2nd and 3rd problem?:confused:
Sorry to hear about your problems, hope they get fixed!!

Also wondering what R:- number you got[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about your problems, hope they get fixed!!

Also wondering what R:- number you got[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]
will post wen I get home, the noise is coming from the front light control, cant hear it if you have musik on but when its off drives me insane, the glove box rattle also drives me insane, their really the only thing, ahh also the window i think the front sweeks a lot, all the little thinks kinda ruins it a bit i think

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Vtec,
About the buzzing light unit. Assuming it's a mechanical noise, you could remove the unit to make sure that's where the problem lies, very easy and only takes a couple of minutes.

If it is the light assembly, the switch modules and connectors clip into the moulding quite loosely and can rattle, also check for rubbing cables. Use rubber foam and tape as required to pack them in order to make for a more firm fit.
Shake and tap the unit to make sure nothing rattles.

On refitting, you may need some more packing wherever the headliner touches the light unit.

If it is not the light unit, whilst it is removed, look at the silver padded tape which secures the light unit cables and is located just behind the headliner. It can come unstuck, allowing the cables to vibrate more than intended. Fixed mine using rubber foam to space the cables away from the roof.

Good luck.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vtec,
About the buzzing light unit. Assuming it's a mechanical noise, you could remove the unit to make sure that's where the problem lies, very easy and only takes a couple of minutes.

If it is the light assembly, the switch modules and connectors clip into the moulding quite loosely and can rattle, also check for rubbing cables. Use rubber foam and tape as required to pack them in order to make for a more firm fit.
Shake and tap the unit to make sure nothing rattles.

On refitting, you may need some more packing wherever the headliner touches the light unit.

If it is not the light unit, whilst it is removed, look at the silver padded tape which secures the light unit cables and is located just behind the headliner. It can come unstuck, allowing the cables to vibrate more than intended. Fixed mine using rubber foam to space the cables away from the roof.

Good luck.
hmmmm very informative will check

also my R number is 7660:p

want some mud flaps now but havent found anything half decent

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DSC01064.jpg

View attachment 5811 [smilie=tongue.gif]some pics, sorry its dark now and only got crap camera, i know the monitor shot has nothing to do with cars but just want to show off my brand new 27" monitor[smilie=tongue.gif]

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the thing is before i got the car i couldnt stiop staring at it, not i have it i never really look at it, or is it just me?:confused:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
You gotta get the rage wheels there the muts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts