2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Excellent programmes so far, just reinforcing my intention to continue with ICE as long as possible.

They seem only to be testing the flash, expensive cars as all journos seem to do, rather than ones that might be within reach of the general population. They need to do a programme on used EVs & hybrids as they will be coming on to the market in larger numbers very soon.

So it seems from the latest that even Norway is not immune from the issues of charging points & range anxiety.

The new Civic is a very good looking car but a top speed of 112 and 0-60 in 7.9! Our 1.5 Jazz does better than that.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
The problem with some programs, like this one, is that they want to test a boy racer car, not our smooth comfy daily runabout.

You can't beat your own test drive using your conditions over your known roads.

That's what I did with the latest hybrid Jazz and I was extremely pleased and now having owned it for 15 months it still puts a smile on my face.

The Honda e:hev is a well designed system

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent programmes so far, just reinforcing my intention to continue with ICE as long as possible.

They seem only to be testing the flash, expensive cars as all journos seem to do, rather than ones that might be within reach of the general population. They need to do a programme on used EVs & hybrids as they will be coming on to the market in larger numbers very soon.

So it seems from the latest that even Norway is not immune from the issues of charging points & range anxiety.

The new Civic is a very good looking car but a top speed of 112 and 0-60 in 7.9! Our 1.5 Jazz does better than that.
Have you ever got your Jazz past 112 mph?

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem with some programs, like this one, is that they want to test a boy racer car, not our smooth comfy daily runabout.

You can't beat your own test drive using your conditions over your known roads.

That's what I did with the latest hybrid Jazz and I was extremely pleased and now having owned it for 15 months it still puts a smile on my face.

The Honda e:hev is a well designed system
I ordered the Advance without either seeing it in the metal or test driving it - not been disappointed once yet

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
In years gone by I've also bought blind and made 2 mistakes :

Citroen C5 - compared to the Xantia the suspension was awful
Civic iShift - I knew within half a mile this wasn't the advertised 'auto'

Never again, test drive every time.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
Not had mine past 70, those days are behind me now.

The slower I go the longer I get to drive it :)

But I make sure I'm in no one's way and on single carriageway roads I do the limit.

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Not had mine past 70, those days are behind me now.

The slower I go the longer I get to drive it :)

But I make sure I'm in no one's way and on single carriageway roads I do the limit.
I still have a bit of boy racer left in me but since driving for ECP I have calmed down a bit as we are constantly tracked on telematics for speed, acceleration & braking. This has rubbed off on my leisure driving.

· Registered
4 Posts
I've also just watched the fifth gear recharged test.The stand out for me was concerning the interior, they say the seats are synthetic "plastic" leather and very cheap feeling. Honda website states the Advance has genuine leather? Anyone know the answer?

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Our 8G Si had 1/2 leather sets.
The areas in contact with the human were quite a strong grained leather but the sides and non-contact areas certainly felt synthetic.
Maybe that is still the case with the 11G.

· Registered
38 Posts
I had this conversation with the General Manager of my dealership (been dealing with him for 14+ years) prior to ordering my Civic Advance. From memory the HRV e:HEV Advance come with half vegan leather seats i.e. plastic and he assured me that the Civic has REAL leather.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,497 Posts
There is a way you can tell by close inspection, something to do with the surface pattern.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There is a way you can tell by close inspection, something to do with the surface pattern.
Found this on the Honda UK News team website from June last year

The seats have been designed with comfort and functionality in mind. Both fabric and leather options are formed of a thick, wrinkle-resistant material, offering a clean, premium finish. The back panel of the front seat is created with a single piece of material, contributing to the noiseless view from the rear. Two interior seat designs are available: black with seamless accents and black with white stitching. Fabric seats are standard on Elegance grade models, while the higher-grade Sport comes with a combination of fabric and synthetic leather as standard, whilst Advance grades feature a leather and synthetic leather combination trim.

So Honda are cheap skates

· Registered
4 Posts
Well. Plato did n’t like it because it wasn’t a plug in hybrid. I’ve always had a problem with plug-in hybrids from a system efficiency perspective. Either you are carrying a petrol engine dead weight or a battery/electric motor dead weight. The civic is efficient. No gearbox, small battery, leaps ahead of anything else if you ignore headline mpg bias or peer ev pressure.

Anyway, was either 3 series touring or civic for me, and went with the civic.

· Registered
25 Posts

Why would you ever need a top speed of >= 112MPH?? Or even 100?

It's a total non issue.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts