2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Why would you ever need a top speed of >= 112MPH?? Or even 100?

It's a total non issue.
It is a comparison measure, just like meaningless MPG figures for everyone to get excited about.
You could argue that nobody needs an engine of more that 1600cc (even less maybe) but some still wet their knickers over huge V8 engines.

Who needs EVs with 600-700 HP equivalent, who needs a £1 million supercar etc etc etc?

· Registered
20 Posts
The 112mph top speed - Not sure if it's mandatory or not yet but it's definitely something many manufacturers are doing. I think volvo started it last year. Years ago, all Japanese cars had a 112mph (180kmh) limiter. I don't know if that has always been the case but it certainly was in the 80s and 90s. So don't worry about that. It will be an artifical limiter, not power limited.

· Registered
20 Posts
I can only assume the decision to fit the limiter in EU civic is a new decision that honda didn't make when they released the current jazz a few years ago. I don't know if all cars sold in japan (sold not built) have continued to have the limiter throughout the last couple of decades so I could be wrong, but it just seems to me like that is likely the case. If it was any other speed than 112mph then I wouldn't be suggesting this as a reason.
But definitely volvo introduced the 112 limiter last year for their cars, so I expect other manufacturers to start doing similar and also to become an EU regulation if it hasn't already, everyone loves safety!

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,954 Posts
I remember for many years powerful cars being limited to 155mph. There does seem to be a cross manufacturer limit.

· Registered
2023, Advance
4 Posts
Yeah, he didn`t leave me a good impression after that bit. I`m not sure why almost all of them finished their conclusion with "Can`t wait for the Type-R". Isn`t this supposed to be a program focused on the EV part, or is the "Recharged" in their title linked to something else?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts