2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this on the Fifth Gear website, while I was trying to find out what I'd missed while on holiday.

On TV - Fifth Gear

·
Registered
328 Posts
mmmm. aahhhh. enjoying the quiet while I can. THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HOT PAGE TOMORROW..............:cool:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The JDM wins by a mile , Tiff should have driven it

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
That was a bit dull, only to confirm what we knew anyway - JDM faster and handles better!

It thought they would have done a bit more of a comparision :(

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Fifth gear

Have to say watching the Lambo and the Ducati was far more entertaining.:cool:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
5th gear has certainly upped their game so far this series. Top gear need to get a move on..must be back on soon?
Top Gear is back some time in October (according to this months magazine)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I hope the Stig drives the JDM

·
Registered
223 Posts
That was a bit dull, only to confirm what we knew anyway - JDM faster and handles better!

It thought they would have done a bit more of a comparision :(
Agreed!! - To be honest I think that the JDM would be a nightmare of a car to run all week. Its a shame they didn't summarise the test into real life driving

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
That Jap 'R' might have gone well, but I like to have a bit of comfort when I'm at the wheel and I don't reckon the Jap one offers any compromise.

After all, although the performance was slightly better, when would you use it to it's advantage.

......and as for looks?

Spaceship Millie every time!

"Answering machine message on my drug dealers phone.
If you require service please press the hash key!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
167 Posts
For those who didn't catch last night's Fifth Gear, the UK CTR vs JDM CTR is on YouTube.

YouTube - Fifth Gear: Honda Civic Type-R vs Honda Civic Type-R

It might be faster, and have better steering, but i dont like the styling one bit. I dont like the dash, I dont like the boot, i dont like the nose. It looks too conventional. The UK CTR, and other Civics look so much more modern.

All my opinion of course!

(can a UK CTR engine have the JDM modifications or is the JDM CTR a totally different engine?)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts