2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to put some petrol in the courtesy car today as the petrol light came on - it said I had 26 miles left, I put a fivers worth in as the car is due to go back Wednesday but the petrol needle didn't move and the mileage left kept going down, I stuck another fivers worth in after doing 10 miles and again nothing changed so having driven another 7 miles I put another fivers worth in and yes thats right no change !! :roll:

I know there is petrol in there but I feel uneasy driving it when the needle doesnt budge and I now apparently have 6 miles left :?

Is this normal? I can understand it with just a fiver but now I have stuck £15 in today all at the same garage and by the same cashier who obviously thinks I have some kind of compulsive disorder :lol: I have only ever completely filled up to the top with my previous car.

Also stupid question no doubt but the manual says the car is designed to take super unleaded, I was told it takes unleaded - what do you other petrol drivers use??

·
Registered
230 Posts
yes i done that before. it doesn't seem to read £5 worth of petrol. dont worry, as basegreen said, your fuel is in there and u will notice next time u fill up to max that u will spend less :lol:

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Must be about 5 litres in the "System" as got down to a range of 0 miles and put 45 litres in yesterday, was a bit close though.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Am I the only one to pull up to the pump, reach down for the filler flap release, pull it and 'Kerplunk' the bonnet opens and everyone at the other pumps look and laugh :oops: :oops:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
No, this is my regular trick. I get rolled eyes and a smile from the passenger area too...

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
A couple of times now.

I considered once opening the bonnet and just fiddling looking knowingly before putting it back down.

·
Registered
130 Posts
...only done it the once! PHEW! and in that case I pretended I did it intentionally and started checking for oil!!! :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts