2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm looking for tips for cleaning the external door handles. They have this odd staining on them and I don't want to have at it with any old chemical or brush and cause further damage. The picture is a bit naff but shows what I'm facing.

I gave both handles a bit of a scrub with a wash mitt then a sponge whilst cleaning the car over the weekend but it didn't budge. The car has the usual paint damage you'd expect on a 9 yr old car but these handles really bring the overall look down :crying:. Any and all suggestions welcome.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,687 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the stuff, pop into Halfords as it's probably cheaper there. Shame you're not nearer as I'd have given you some.
I did just that and picked up a ltr bottle of the resin and the autoglym perfect polish applicators. They had some autoglym stuff at 20% off which was a bonus. It did the job well and removed some horrid smudges which I think were sun cream from the paint (there was a little cloudy hand print on the door, a relic of the last owner).

Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Banned
230 Posts
While your shopping get some Autoglym Vinyl and rubber care for inside,all your outside plastics and finally make the plastic trigger in your door handles shine.

Tfr on a paint brush will get all the dirt out of the handles,first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.