2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Just bought a 66 plate 1.4 with Nav. It's blue.

Is it just me, or is the mk9.5 .. well.. the EU mk9 in general a bit over looked? All the chat, and aftermarket, seems to be either the mk8, mk10 or US versions?

Anyway, I come from a BMW background and have been doing bangernomics until recently. Had a 94' 520i Touring (222k when it went to the breakers) and just retired a 97' 318i touring due to HGF (which, is in the garage and I intend to fix).. me and SWMBO share the motor these days and so something a bit more up to date was enlisted, enter the Civic. Neeeeeaaarly went Volvo V40 but they're teeennnnyy tiiiinnnnyyyy and, well, as Newley weds the pram to boot ratio now matters.

I'm really pleased to find a forum.. the BMW lot like face book pages and it's a horrible way to do this kinda owner support. well, the 5 was ok but the 3 wasn't. Just info on going sideways and cars being broken, shouldn't complain though.. Got my leather and 16" rims for nearly nothing from folk stripping shells for track day cars.

I had a Fabia vRS way back when they were Diesel and young. I would post on Briskoda, and have missed a good forum ever since.

This Civic, then, I've already learnt how to reset the inflation alarm, and reset the Battery voltage for the Stop/Start as both of these warnings were helpfully left in place by the supplying (non Honda) dealer.... I wouldn't mind so much, but they weren't there on the test drive so I can only assume the 4 day prep period is in place for these warning lights to be added..... ha :-|

So, yeah.. Not the best start to ownership, but not the cars fault.. and hey, it was easily reset stuff so that's posotive!

Right... Now... How do I make these mirror auto fold?!!?!

Rob. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Annnndddddddd... I've flattened the battery on the drive messing about with the nav! Hmmm...

I'm used to cars being ok on the accessory position for hours.. Is this not the case now with all the screens 'n posters 'n stuff?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts