2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after having talked about it for a long time I finally got round to doing my callipers today.. Mainly as I know Oli would grill my balls at the Silverstone meet if they weren't done :) . Luckily for me I know a very nice guy, thats you J, who has a workshop and was more than happy to lend a hand. Dead easy job for any one considering it though. I didn't remove them or even mask anything, just painted away!
My only advice would be to get a couple of decent brushes though as Halfrauds arts department is shoddy and their rubbish bush has resulted in my 'type R' looking like it has been painted by a kid. Might have to touch it up a bit at the weekend but here's a few pics all the same...

Attachments

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
very nice mate, car looks mint.top job

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
My word, what I'd have given to be able to paint them while the car was in the air, lol. Even had to use the windy little jack you get with the car on the passenger side, as with my flat tyre my trolley jack wouldn't fit under!

Then got a dead a**e sat on the cold driveway painting them.

Some people have all the luxuries :p

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
nice garage and good job like the colour looks great against the black

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Well, after having talked about it for a long time I finally got round to doing my callipers today.. Mainly as I know Oli would grill my balls at the Silverstone meet if they weren't done :) . Luckily for me I know a very nice guy, thats you J, who has a workshop and was more than happy to lend a hand. Dead easy job for any one considering it though. I didn't remove them or even mask anything, just painted away!
My only advice would be to get a couple of decent brushes though as Halfrauds arts department is shoddy and their rubbish bush has resulted in my 'type R' looking like it has been painted by a kid. Might have to touch it up a bit at the weekend but here's a few pics all the same...
Really nice mate, great effort, the look stunning, your right... I would have grilled your balls and served them back to you if the Calipers were not done, now remove it from your signature LOL!

Anyway, like always, I want to copy you. Where did you get the full kit from? Red/White paint? Did you use a hardener also? They look really shiny, very keen to get the same finish!

Great work mate! Looks AMAZE!

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
looks alright that init:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oli, funilly enough it is just Halfords own red brake calliper paint! I used Hammorite smooth white for the lettering although as I say, gotta redo one as the Halfords brush I was using wasn't great :) . I should have been more prepared but I went and picked up the paint about 2 minutes before I planned on doing them...
I really wanted a deeper red to match the interior... which I would have liked but to be fair quite happy with these although they are kinda loud.
Halfords do a kit for about 20 quid which comes with calliper cleaner, paint and hardener... I felt tight so went for their own brand as it was cheap and dried a lot quicker (I didn't have all day to sit around)
J, who was also doing his on his 2.2 used the £20 quid kit and it turned out to be the same deep red as the interior which was kinda gutting! That'll teach me for being tight I guess.
His also only really needed one coat, I gave mine about 3....
I decided not to do the rears as I thought it'd be ott but now I think I might have to..... J if you are reading this I hope that makes you smile.. haha

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
...On with mine as we speak!... I'll get some pics up when I've finished, although I think it's going to run into Sunday at this rate!

Just applied the first coat to the front calipers... the drying time between coats is painfuly tedious... it's like watching paint dry :oops:

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Looking good. Done mine the other day 2 coats think i could do with 1 more.
Picture 7,8 Do you work on a Golf Course? I Do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts