2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here is my baby. Recently bought it for a good price including my trade in of a Vauxhall Corsa........no comment. The previous owner (one woman) must of done a hell of a lot motorway driving as the amount of chips on the bonnet is shocking. That will need to be sorted thats for sure.

Also you will hopefully notice in the pictures that my back panels on both sides have suffored colourloss which is dissapointing.

Since purchased I have done the following to it.

• GP Pack
  • Side Decals
  • Front grill badge
  • Heko wind deflectors
  • Painted front calipers (need to do back ones)
  • Civinfo Decal :D

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
That looks stunning.... what polish you using?

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Nice and Shiney!! to be fair I wouldn't have noticed the colourloss from those photos unless you'd said, I can sort of see something in the 3rd photo... still a nice motor though! :)

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was thinking doing a carbon fiber wrap on the bonnet and roof just to hide the chips, but I dont know if they will still kind of be visible, Little indentations etc

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Looks schweet as

·
Registered
420 Posts
Now that is shiny :) milano really comes through well if you give it a good ol' wash/wax/polish

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Thanks. I used Meguiars NXT Car Wash then NXT Tech Wax 2.0.
Thats the polish I use... must be the colour that makes it stand out..
I have alibaster silver which looks good when done approx twice a month

Nice car !!!

·
Go with the Flo...
1,139 Posts
I was thinking doing a carbon fiber wrap on the bonnet and roof just to hid the chips, but I dont know if they will still kind of be visible, Little indentations etc
You probably would see most of them yeah. To be honest a wrap is gonna be about £100 at least and you can get the bonnet sprayed for that!
I know how you feel, mine was full of chips when i got it, on the wings too! The paint is quite thin on Hondas and with the low nose on the Civic makes it even more vulnerable. I only recently had mine resprayed. Well worth it too! like having a new car! :cool:

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
You probably would see most of them yeah. To be honest a wrap is gonna be about £100 at least and you can get the bonnet sprayed for that!
I know how you feel, mine was full of chips when i got it, on the wings too! The paint is quite thin on Hondas and with the low nose on the Civic makes it even more vulnerable. I only recently had mine resprayed. Well worth it too! like having a new car! :cool:
Had my bonnet done last Month £220 the company rubbed it right back, then once sprayed they didn't put it in oven but let it air dry as they said it makes the paint harder by doing this and will help with the chipping prob...

So far no chips!!

Mind you if I had a milano red I would consider a black bonnet as they look mean with one

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
Looks nice mate, don't worry about the stone chips, we all have them, common problem that all us civic owners have, so don't be embaressed by them! ;) What else you got planned?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers guys.

Well I know nothing about performance improvements such as lowering etc, so ideas from you lot would be great.

I've just bought some of the footwell lights by Rick and also them ******* expensive car mats....

Maybe if I was to do the bonnet in a carbon wrap then I would either get new wheels or save money and just get them sprayed black. I dont really know if im honest.

What I do know is that this site is costing me a bomb. I love it! but my girlfriend not so much.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Very nice best colour to :D

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Your car looks great, I would have got the dealer to deal with stone chips and paint or reduce the cost of the car to get jobs done, but your car does look good.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Touch up pen and g220 DA polisher will sort them out!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts