2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after owning the FN2 for 2 years I was looking into changing it but nothing stands out as any better or more fun. So I'm going to push some of the money I've saved up into adding a few shiney bits. Namely a full exhaust system, coilovers, enginge tune etc and then onto the mugen look and a full wrap.

Any advice on exhaust manifolds would be appreciated as I've not sone this before. Cat back I'd like to go invidia so any fitment issues between this and a manifold i should be aware of etc?
#edit# I have an HKS racing induction kit and quick shift on already.

I have Tein springs at the moment but coilovers are also in the budget so would like to upgrade, only ever had springs so advice would again be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Plenty of info on the Fn2 mod thread and various builds. @musegroove has had about 5 of each mod so his experience and knowledge will help :flute:

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Either go japspeed manifold or superstreet....heard a lot about the tegiwa cracking....if you getting the manifold then engine mounts inserts will help protect the flexi on your mani... For intake the gruppe m is very good and the HKS rsk is good too but suffered from heat soak a little...other will require battery relocation

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
I’ve had a tegiwa on mine and it’s been fine, from what I’ve read worn engine mounts don’t help. Although I’m removing it soon so it’ll be up for sale

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Keep the RSK if you like the noise, simple intake to fit and service and good gains. Can heatsoak when stopped in traffic but nothing you'll majorly notice. Will highly benefit from a heatshield and a cold air feed, the heatshield itself may not reflect heat greatly but will help trap the cold air from the feed.

A closed box with cold feed is best alternative without having to relocate the battery for a CAI.

For manifolds I'd personally spend that tad more and get CPL or Teg. Iirc CPL have better peak and slightly less mid-range whereas Teg is the closest Toda copy. Japspeed etc are fantastic on a budget but I have heard enough people now that fitted one, got tuned and were 5-10bhp short on peak. For those on a budget it's one of the best bang for buck mods, for those like myself that's RRC inlet manifold gains lost!
Mid-range seems the same however and you'll realistically not notice the peak at all but if you're chasing numbers buy Teg / Toda / CPL, want mid-range on a budget buy Japspeed.

Even Todas crack so just fit some engine mounts to help try and prevent it.

Exhausts, stick with a 2.5 like Tegiwa or Milltek for a daily. Anything bigger is better but my god the drone. If you don't do many motorway miles then you'll get away with a bigger bore.

For suspension I can't recommend Meister Rs enough, one of the best mods I did. They are hard to describe for a daily, they're infinitely more comfortable than OEM but you also feel every pebble in the road and road noise is increased ten-fold. Handling however is night and day, turn-in and grip is absolutely spot on.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
List is huge so best to spend a night reading through threads on here. Im putting highly modded fn2 back standard and ill try get a for sale thread up

·
4,275 Posts
List is huge so best to spend a night reading through threads on here. Im putting highly modded fn2 back standard and ill try get a for sale thread up
I forgot to ask what cams you were taking out of that mate?

·
4,275 Posts
Boo, was hoping they were Toda A3s ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts