2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 8 months of dreaming i've finally got my hands on a Type R GT!

57 plate, 44k, Silver, rages, splitters, bluetooth, uprated speakers.

And the best thing? Dealer made a c*ck up with the price (didnt know it was a GT or had optional extras on) and I got it for sub 12k with 3 year GAP insurance :):):)

pics to follow, pick it up saturday and I cant wait!

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
you luck **************************************************

congrats :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats Fella! Be sure to get some pics up.

What happened to the other CTR with 28k, how come you decided agaisnt that? This one had a higher spec/upgrades?
Yeah the CTR with 28k was standard apart from parking sensors, wanted £12,495 and wouldn't budge on price...

This one had higher mileage but had rages, splitters and handsfree, through a dealer and cheaper so I had to go for it!

was so cheap they had Honda dealers ringing up so they could sell it on!

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Yeah the CTR with 28k was standard apart from parking sensors, wanted £12,495 and wouldn't budge on price...

This one had higher mileage but had rages, splitters and handsfree, through a dealer and cheaper so I had to go for it!

was so cheap they had Honda dealers ringing up so they could sell it on!
Good on ya! :D Enjoy your motor mate, you'll love it, I know I do.. Just a shame it's not Nighthawk Black :razz: :worms:

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts

Just realised the Rages and splitters will affect the insurance :( dammit

Although I guess it's not so bad considering the deal I got!
Surely those aren't really declareable mods are they? Considering you bought the car like that, and you wern't responsible for those mods, I would personally be inclined to consider them as factory options, rather than mods as such.. Mind if the car came with a GruppeM, that's a different story.

But then again, I wouldn't advise you to act illegally, as I wouldn't myself - and I would declare any mods I make - but it's not something I would deem to be illegal really, under the circumstances. But then again, it is insurance companies :rolleyes: (I hope that din't come across contradictory - as I can see that, if misconstrued, it can be taken that way.. disclaimer :D)

Someone else got another view on this.. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surely those aren't really declareable mods are they? Considering you bought the car like that, and you wern't responsible for those mods, I would personally be inclined to consider them as factory options, rather than mods as such.. Mind if the car came with a GruppeM, that's a different story.

But then again, I wouldn't advise you to act illegally, as I wouldn't myself - and I would declare any mods I make - but it's not something I would deem to be illegal really, under the circumstances. But then again, it is insurance companies :rolleyes: (I hope that din't come across contradictory - as I can see that, if misconstrued, it can be taken that way.. disclaimer :D)

Someone else got another view on this.. :D
I think it's a bit of a shady area, on insurance websites there are boxes to tick for optional extra body kits and wheels and it does raise the premium...

Obviously I want my insurance to be legit but i'm not sure if you can really plead ignorance on it?!

More opinions please!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sounds spot on! Silver with Splitter's & Rages is the best combo IMO.

Regarding insurance, as long as you insure the car for the correct price you purchased it for and have the Receipt. There's nothink to go wrong Plus you have GAP insurance.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Congratulations on getting your car :thumbsup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sounds spot on! Silver with Splitter's & Rages is the best combo IMO.

Regarding insurance, as long as you insure the car for the correct price you purchased it for and have the Receipt. There's nothink to go wrong Plus you have GAP insurance.
Sadly not true, as soon as an assessor looks at the car prior to a repair they will use any undeclared mods to throw out a claim. Hubby works in a repair centre and often tells me horror stories of thrown out claims and void policies. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new car tho!

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Obviously I want my insurance to be legit but i'm not sure if you can really plead ignorance on it?!
Always tell your insurers everything. I have rages and splitters and they didn't increase my premium at all, but I still needed to inform them.

Sadly not true, as soon as an assessor looks at the car prior to a repair they will use any undeclared mods to throw out a claim.
It's not worth risking this happening to you for the sake of a few extra pounds. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, just rang up an insurance brokers and they said the optional extras arent considered modifications! great... apart from the quote of £1700 they gave me!

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Sounds like a bargain to me ¬_¬

1 - 20 of 31 Posts